MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Links to Guests is not working !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried every thing but could not be successful to make the plugin - Hide links to guests [ By Dragonfever ] ; work in 1.2.3 .
Is this plugin supported by 1.2.3 ?
just CHMOD the inc/plugins/hltg.php file and inc/class_parser.php to 777 and active the plugin it'll work, it's working here
No pepotiger It is not working.. I tried to chmod 777 Both the files and tried activating several times ...But Nothing happened. I did make some changes in my class-parser file to install the WYSIWYG mod.

[attachment=5650]
Ok try this file I attached, and make the changes you need to keep the WYSIWYG mod installed
You can modify the codes in here

and rather than having
global $post;

if($post['postnum'] > X)
            { 

use

global $mybb;

if($mybb->user['uid'] > 0)
            { 
well  Zaher..That totally removed the links..[ for the guests]
What i intended was that The Guests shall see that a link does exhist [ Whn the 'hide links to guests ' works properly it simply replaces the links with a specified text and guests are able to view that text only]

So the guests are in a way forced to register to view the link.

How can this be achieved ?
Ah LOL okay.. well this should do it

in class_parser.php
Find
if(!preg_match("#^[a-z0-9]+://#i", $url))
				{
					$url = "http://".$url;
				}
above it add
global $mybb;
			if($mybb->user['uid'] != 0)
			{
And find
$link = "<a href=\"$fullurl\" target=\"_blank\">$name</a>";
				return $link;
Below it add
}
			else
			{
				$link = "<a href=\"register_link\" target=\"_blank\">You can't view the links</a>";
				return $link;
			}
thank you , zaher.
That Worked zaher...Thank You...
I'll have to bookmark this thread, since I couldn't even get this plugin to work with 1.2.2. LOL...maybe now I can get it to work with 1.2.3. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2