MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pass Protect File With Mybb Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i noticed alot of people were just using my site for my experimental proxy, so i want to be able to make them register to use the file, then use their own username and password to access it...

and i have thought of pass protecting the area but it would only be the one password, and its not that great, cuz they just tell ppl the password...

can any1 help??? or PM me to intergrate something into the file,
it would be greatly appreciated, thx Wink
Do you mean, you want to make people register and login before they can download files? If you mean that, you can set the permission in Admin CP --> Manage Groups --> Unregistered / Not Logged In. Set "Can Download Attachments" to "no"
He means he wants to use MyBB's user system to authenticate users for using the proxy on his site.

The very first thing you should do is ask your webhost if they allow you to run a proxy. Most hosts do not. If they catch you running a proxy, your site will get suspended. You really wanna check with them about it.
i have permission, not to mention its my friends server Wink
can anyone help???
i can give you the files if you need to look at them...
Asking people to register for a proxy imho defeats the entire purpose of a proxy and no one will use it. If you want to pull the mybb info for your proxy you can do it...it's not impossible.
lol, i dont no how to get it to retrieve the info...
i just need a peice of code that just checks if they are loged in or not...
some mybb developers should defintly know how, i just really need this Wink
<?php
$rel = "forum"; // The directory to your forum--relative to this file's location; include ending slash
require_once dirname(__FILE__)."/".$rel."/global.php";

if($mybb->user['uid'] == 0)
{
    // The user is a guest..
}
else
{
   // The user is a member..
}

?>

that should help
Tikitiki Wrote:
<?php
$rel = "forum"; // The directory to your forum--relative to this file's location; include ending slash
require_once dirname(__FILE__)."/".$rel."/global.php";

if($mybb->user['uid'] == 0)
{
    // The user is a guest..
}
else
{
   // The user is a member..
}

?>

that should help

thx Big Grin