MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i uploaded a new forum, and used my existing SQL database,
but i had some mods that changed the database abit,
and was wondering if there is a database restorer where you can keep all your forum info (eg. posts, and accounts)
thx Wink

(by the way, i cant copy posts to my news section for the portal, so the members dont really think ts fair that the title has my name on it in the portal...)
boomhowza Wrote:i uploaded a new forum, and used my existing SQL database,
but i had some mods that changed the database abit,
and was wondering if there is a database restorer where you can keep all your forum info (eg. posts, and accounts)
thx Wink
Try installing the modifications/plugins that you had in your existing board before you restore your existing SQL database.
boomhowza Wrote:(by the way, i cant copy posts to my news section for the portal, so the members dont really think ts fair that the title has my name on it in the portal...)

I have no idea what you mean. Can you clarify please?
i dont remember what mods i had that edited the main files,
and i copy peoples posts if i find them interesting to the news section, which it will then appear on the portal
Sorry I still don't understand what you're trying to say. You can make a "News" forum, and post news in there, and it will show up on the portal, if you have made that forum the announcement forum in the settings.
well, the original posters want to see their names on it though, and my avatar is on every post
If the poster is registered on the forum, you could dig through mybb_posts and edit the "uid" of the post to make it the real author's uid.