MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Separate sections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I just wonder if how you can seperate those thread and user information with the text user is writing.
Like this thread
http://gyazo.com/b49def7f5c0450d6ff96bd46314479e9

Because it looks like exactly the same with the user information and thread information.
looks like your theme is not fully compatible with the MyBB version you are using.
if you are using MyBB 1.8.x then its compatible themes available here => themes section
Well, is there any ways to update it to 1.8.x?
updating a theme might require lot of time & efforts
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

you may also try this guidance => basic theme updating (1.6 - 1.8)
(2014-10-07, 04:37 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Some things to note:

[b]This isn't an advanced solution, meaning the outcome won't be optimal. It's just a way for people to quickly upgrade a basic theme for 1.8. Consider it a starting point if you do have an advanced theme.

This generally won't work well for dark themes, seeing as they require much more customization and detail than a standard theme.
Not sure it will work as mine i dark.
Okay for example this one

<a href="modcp.php?action=edit_announcement&amp;aid={$post['aid']}&amp;fid={$fid}">Edit</a>href="modcp.php?action=edit_announcement&amp;aid={$post['aid']}" title="{$lang->announcement_edit}" class="postbit_edit"><span>{$lang->postbit_button_edit}</span></a>

How do i update it? Is there some kind of form i need to replace it with?
from which template you have given above code ? if it is from announcement_edit template then that code is a bit messy !

basically you have to follow theme upgrading guidance (quoted earlier - post #4)
Well it shows it green and red.
http://gyazo.com/768f819ab44c9998f34f6fcf1d783ae4

Also it says at the quoted you posted
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
How do i know what to apply the changes i need?
in general, pink highlighted content needs to be changed with green highlighted code

pink highlighted => customizations done in templates (eg. old codes) are highlighted with pink

green highlighted => Changes that have been made between previous version and new version are highlighted with green

eg. announcement_edit template content should be like this
<a href="modcp.php?action=edit_announcement&amp;aid={$post['aid']}" title="{$lang->announcement_edit}" class="postbit_edit"><span>{$lang->postbit_button_edit}</span></a>
So i need to copy the green one and replace it with the pink one?
Pages: 1 2