MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chrome 64 bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i find chrome 64 browser to be almost superior over the other browsers: firefox, vivaldi, opera and IE9. lately opera started exhibiting glitches which i promptly discarded. i dumped vivaldi because the initial file size was over 1GB. and well?..what can i say about IE? the most hated browser of all time. gotta agree 100%. worthless. so for now firefox and chrome 64 are the only reliable browsers i have to work with.

http://www.7tutorials.com/google-chrome-...it-version
I'm not so sure I would consider IE useless anymore. They're getting far better than before.
(2015-05-31, 07:41 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not so sure I would consider IE useless anymore. They're getting far better than before.

Well Microsoft are discontinuing IE and getting it to Spartan from the looks of it.

(2015-05-31, 07:21 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]i find chrome 64 browser to be almost superior over the other browsers: firefox, vivaldi, opera and IE9. lately opera started exhibiting glitches which i promptly discarded. i dumped vivaldi because the initial file size was over 1GB. and well?..what can i say about IE? the most hated browser of all time. gotta agree 100%. worthless. so for now firefox and chrome 64 are the only reliable browsers i have to work with.

http://www.7tutorials.com/google-chrome-...it-version

By the way, do I need to install any specific to get 64bit? Or would it be setting me to that automatically.
I would consider Spartan to be more of a rebranding than anything. Think of Comcast's rebranding to Xfinity; nothing changed there but the name.

In this case, Spartan still uses the Trident engine, as IE does, as well as the Chakra JavaScript engine, as IE does. It's just a rebranding with integration with things such as Cortana.
It's now called Microsoft Edge and uses a custom engine called EdgeHTML.

Two particular bits caught my attention:
Quote:Microsoft Edge is designed to be a lightweight web browser with a layout engine built around web standards that is "designed for interoperability with the modern web".
and
Quote:A review of the engine in the latest Windows 10 build by AnandTech found substantial benchmark improvements over Trident; particularly JavaScript engine performance, which is now up to par with that of Google Chrome.

Now this doesn't mean anything for sure, but it does mean that Edge will be fairly different from IE(which itself has gotten better).

So no need to throw it under the bus yet, not until you use it at least.
I have actually used it. The Insider build of Windows 10 is what I run on the second partition of my Mac.

Still was ~300 on the HTML5Test site, similar to IE 11. Otherwise, I didn't feel anything notably different about it (other than that it's currently missing a whole lot of settings and control).

(And no, my Mac definitely does not bottleneck it.)
(2015-05-31, 11:30 PM)Alcatraz93 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, do I need to install any specific to get 64bit? Or would it be setting me to that automatically.

Yes... Select "Download Chrome for another platform" from the download page to get the 64-bit version...

(2015-06-01, 12:11 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I would consider Spartan to be more of a rebranding than anything.

+1