MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-12-07, 06:58 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]When a user quotes a post that mentions me, I get an alert that says that user mentioned me.

Mentions aren’t part of MyAlerts, so you need to talk to the author of the mention plugin.
For a minute I was going crazy and searching all over the internet as to why this is happening until I did some tests.. There's a problem I'm on the very latest version of MyBB and when I set my alert settings to only Receive alert when quoted in a post? For whatever reason when someone quotes me I don't get any notification therefore in order for it to work I have to have everything else selected. :/

Very weird!
(2017-12-08, 07:24 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]For a minute I was going crazy and searching all over the internet as to why this is happening until I did some tests.. There's a problem I'm on the very latest version of MyBB and when I set my alert settings to only Receive alert when quoted in a post? For whatever reason when someone quotes me I don't get any notification therefore in order for it to work I have to have everything else selected. :/

Very weird!

Odd. I'll need to look into that, thanks for reporting.
(2017-12-08, 11:04 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-08, 07:24 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]For a minute I was going crazy and searching all over the internet as to why this is happening until I did some tests.. There's a problem I'm on the very latest version of MyBB and when I set my alert settings to only Receive alert when quoted in a post? For whatever reason when someone quotes me I don't get any notification therefore in order for it to work I have to have everything else selected. :/

Very weird!

Odd. I'll need to look into that, thanks for reporting.

No worries, please get back to me as to why this is happening.
Thank you!
Bump any news?
(2017-12-12, 01:42 AM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Bump any news?

Sorry, none yet as I’ve been busy. I’ll try replicate this tonight.
(2017-12-12, 07:33 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-12, 01:42 AM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Bump any news?

Sorry, none yet as I’ve been busy. I’ll try replicate this tonight.

Ok thank you.
We have been using MyAlerts (latest version) along with the MentionMe plugin in our brand new forum for about 4 days. We love the idea of this Alert system, but now that we're running it on our live forum (with over 1000 members), we're running into some issues.

Many people are complaining that the alerts for replies to posts ("Receive alert when quoted in a post") show up only occasionally, or not at all.  Sometimes alerts work one day but not the next day.  Sometimes alerts stop working altogether for hours, then suddenly start working again.

One of our members -- frustrated that the alert system doesn't show her alerts for replies to posts, only to messages that she's "tagged" in (using the MentionMe tagging syntax) -- has started asking people to "tag" her in every reply, just so she can be sure she's getting the alerts.

Do you have any advice or suggestions?  Does rebuilding the MentionMe plugin's cache have any effect on the MyAlert system, if we have both plugins installed?  I thought it might, but now I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Karen
I've been searching around the internet everywhere and don't know how to do this so a little help would be appreciate it. For a while I was wondering how some people manage to create a dropdown alerts, I mean that's pretty dope to have it like this..
https://i.imgur.com/AgKNzzi.png

If anybody knows the code, please let me know. Smile

Thanks!
Mention me and myalert interact with each other suddenly.
i got http 500 error.
i have to uninstall both to be functional website.