MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-26, 01:12 AM)Esper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan, I don't see a count. The only thing I see is a number on the tab I have open in chrome, is it suppose to appear where pm's would appear?

I do also see an alert thing if i click my name and let it drop down, but when click my aerts (6) it doesn't do anything.
Hey,

Yeah, by default that "alerts (6)" would be next to the "User CP" in the header on the default theme. You obviously use a custom theme so you'll probably have to move the variable in the header template. When you click that text, a modal window should appear. if it doesn't, there might be a JS error. If you can provide your site URL and details for a temporary user account I can take a look at it.
(2018-06-26, 02:06 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]Euan,

Immediately after upload this error occurred. I'm unsure of what I've done wrong (have been uploading plugins for years now so I know that I transferred everything appropriately and I've also used this plugin on a different forum before).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
iso
Hi,

Have you checked the first post found here? https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301...pid1160744

Specifically, the "ClassLoader.php" is missing, you'll need to upload that to fix this error.
(2018-06-26, 02:50 PM)hkkp Wrote: [ -> ]
<error>
	<dateline>1530019166</dateline>
	<script></script>
	<line>0</line>
	<type>20</type>
	<friendly_type>MyBB SQL Error</friendly_type>
	<message>SQL Error: 2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query: SHOW FULL TABLES FROM `xxx` WHERE table_type = 'BASE TABLE' AND `Tables_in_xxx` = 'mybb_alerts'</message>
</error>
what is this?
Hey,

That looks like an issue with your web host. The MySQL server went away during a MySQL query.
(2018-06-26, 03:36 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you add link to the user profile when you click on username. I know we can click profile using image but it will be proper if we are redirected to profile when we click username. Smile

Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to add that - I hadn't realised it was missing actually.
(2018-06-26, 09:55 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-26, 03:36 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you add link to the user profile when you click on username. I know we can click profile using image but it will be proper if we are redirected to profile when we click username. Smile

Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to add that - I hadn't realised it was missing actually.

Added that in github, thanks for accepting this suggestion Smile
I dropped you a PM euan. Thank you!
The Alerts button don't do anything in mobile version (I have installed MyBB GoMobile 1.3.2). It shows the number of alerts but when I touch it seems dead. There is any fix for this problem?
Thanks,
(2018-06-29, 08:01 AM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]The Alerts button don't do anything in mobile version (I have installed MyBB GoMobile  1.3.2). It shows the number of alerts but when I touch it seems dead. There is any fix for this problem?
Thanks,

Do other modal boxes like the buddy list work on MyBB GoMobile? As far as I remember, that theme/plugin hasn't been updated in a while so it may be that modals are broken in it somehow.
I attach a screenshot. I don't have a body list  button / link. All other links / buttons work, except Alerts.
[attachment=40538]
Can you send me your URL and details for a temporary account please so I can look at it?
Thanks,
I just sent a PM
I had a pretty basic question: alerts work if the person quoting you uses the "quote +/-" button and quick reply box. But, and maybe I did something wrong here, alerts DO NOT work if they person quoting you uses the "reply" button. I kept finding places where I was quoted but didn't get an alert. I had one of my mods test it with me, and this was the result. The "quote +/-" button generates an alert, but the "reply" button does not.

Did I do something wrong? Is there a fix for this? Or is this just a known issue that has not been corrected yet?

Thanks in advance.
(2018-07-08, 01:46 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: [ -> ]I had a pretty basic question: alerts work if the person quoting you uses the "quote +/-" button and quick reply box. But, and maybe I did something wrong here, alerts DO NOT work if they person quoting you uses the "reply" button. I kept finding places where I was quoted but didn't get an alert. I had one of my mods test it with me, and this was the result. The "quote +/-" button generates an alert, but the "reply" button does not.

Did I do something wrong? Is there a fix for this? Or is this just a known issue that has not been corrected yet?

Thanks in advance.

That's a weird one, I can't say I've noticed that before. Could you possibly share the myCode generated for the two different options (click the "View source" button in the right of the visual editor and copy the "[quote]" stuff, then post it here inside a "[code]" tag)?