MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-08-10, 11:02 PM)Smashy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Euan,

Could you help me please?

I'm getting a HTTP ERROR 500 when I activate the plugin. I have installed everything requested.

https://gyazo.com/b08a2364a7d1bea8e24ddb445e44b62e

Can you check your server error logs please? Usually if your host provides cPanel you can find your server error logs there.
(2018-08-09, 07:31 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that should work. It will delete all alerts though, just to warn you Smile

Thanks!
Hi eveybody!

Euan T i'm using my alert in my forum and work nice. Recently i've updated forum to 1.9.17 and work fine bjt in cp user icons are over text (i've translated my alerts to spanish)

How can i fix that problems with icons?

Thx
(2018-08-13, 06:39 PM)Unkash Wrote: [ -> ]Hi eveybody!

Euan T i'm using my alert in my forum and work nice. Recently i've updated forum to 1.9.17 and work fine bjt in cp user icons are over text (i've translated my alerts to spanish)

How can i fix that problems with icons?

Thx

Hi,

Any chance you can provide a URL and details for a temporary user account so I can look at the HTML and CSS in use?
I got fix the problem.
I've just deleted alerts.css template and now work fine

Thx
Alerts still seem to function on sections that are hidden from a member that is excluded from the hidden area.  A couple of examples;

1. if I tag a non-admin member (MentionMe) in my moderation area, they will get an alert with a link to the hidden area.  Although there is no requirement to tag a member when that member is not part of the area, it is intuitive to do so
  2. if I have moved a thread from a public area to a hidden area, and then there is a reply to that thread, the member will get an alert with a link to the hidden area.
Of course, the links have a "no permissions" wall, but I think you can see how this may be a tad embarrassing!
In the current version, permission checks are done when inserting an alert, not when retrieving it. My plan for the rewrite I started is to do checks when displaying and inserting, which would fix these types of issues.
Hi.

I like this plugin, but...

with the latest update, the link to the alerts stopped working. It no longer shows the alerts window; click on the link and nothing happens.

Is it my conflict or the plugin? I would like to know how to solve it.
Hello Euan T,

Can you tell me how I could incorporate MyAlerts in the MyAchievements plugin?

I just need a global alert for all the achievements, like an alert saying ...

Hello Member, you have won an achievement called 100 Posts.

Please, I'd love to have it!
Hi - I have a little problem with MyAlerts 2.0.4.  My forum is set up such that the first post or thread for a user needs to be approved by a moderator. When a new thread is approved, the alert message the thread author receives is:

<moderate name> unapproved your thread "<thread name>"

That is - they're seeing an "unapproved" alert for a thread which has been approved.
Naturally this confuses a few people! I've had a quick look through the code to see if any message are not lined up with specific actions but can't see anything out of the ordinary.