MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any solutions for the draft bug yet?

It would be nice, if we could fix this. It is ruining this great plugin in a sence.

Everything else is working fine.

(2020-02-12, 09:41 PM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]I found another bug.

It seems if someone only saves a draft, all subscribed users get a notification about a new post!

But actually there is none, because it is still a draft.

Edit: Yes, one user is definitly getting notifications for my saving drafts. I can not reconstruct this bug with a testaccount.

(2019-02-11, 09:54 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Euan T

I have a bug for you!  - originally I thought it was due to MentionMe, but I'm now certain it is your plugin - originally reported in the MentionMe Thread

Quote:I haven't tested yet, but I think a member has alerted me to a bug; I think it is due to a bug with MentionMe, but it is actually connected to the alerts (MyAlerts)

A member got a barrage of alerts to say he had been tagged; when he followed the link to the post, there was no post and no tag. He contacted the member, who noted that he had created a draft post (where the other member was tagged), and made a number of saves; he thinks that every time he saved the draft the member is getting an alert

Is this a known bug?

As it was a tag causing the phantom alerts, I thought the issue was with the MentionMe plugin, however today a member that was subscribed to a thread received multiple "XYZ has replied to your subscribed thread" alerts, again it was due to another member saving a number of drafts

So it seems that drafts are causing an alert to trigger, and as it triggers every time a save is made, it can be pretty annoying for other members!

Any further info required, just let me know Smile

Same for me. I am not using MentionMe.

Please fix this asap. I am willing to to pay you some extra.
Where should I upload table structure. SQL??
(2020-02-08, 09:09 PM)clb68forums Wrote: [ -> ]Over the 148 pages on this plugin, hope this isn't a repeat problem, but I have an issue with the "Delete All Alerts".

It takes me back to the an invalid page

It will go back to domain.com/forum/forum/ instead of domain.com/forum/

I can't seem to find out where to fix this?
That's a weird one for sure. hat's the "board URL" setting set to in ACP > Configuration?
(2020-02-22, 01:38 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]Any solutions for the draft bug yet?

It would be nice, if we could fix this. It is ruining this great plugin in a sence.

Everything else is working fine.

(2020-02-12, 09:41 PM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]I found another bug.

It seems if someone only saves a draft, all subscribed users get a notification about a new post!

But actually there is none, because it is still a draft.

Edit: Yes, one user is definitly getting notifications for my saving drafts. I can not reconstruct this bug with a testaccount.

(2019-02-11, 09:54 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Euan T

I have a bug for you!  - originally I thought it was due to MentionMe, but I'm now certain it is your plugin - originally reported in the MentionMe Thread

Quote:I haven't tested yet, but I think a member has alerted me to a bug; I think it is due to a bug with MentionMe, but it is actually connected to the alerts (MyAlerts)

A member got a barrage of alerts to say he had been tagged; when he followed the link to the post, there was no post and no tag. He contacted the member, who noted that he had created a draft post (where the other member was tagged), and made a number of saves; he thinks that every time he saved the draft the member is getting an alert

Is this a known bug?

As it was a tag causing the phantom alerts, I thought the issue was with the MentionMe plugin, however today a member that was subscribed to a thread received multiple "XYZ has replied to your subscribed thread" alerts, again it was due to another member saving a number of drafts

So it seems that drafts are causing an alert to trigger, and as it triggers every time a save is made, it can be pretty annoying for other members!

Any further info required, just let me know Smile

Same for me. I am not using MentionMe.

Please fix this asap. I am willing to to pay you some extra.
That's a very odd issue, I'll try and replicate it. Do yo know which alert is being created? Is it the subscribed thread alert or the thread author alert or the quote alert?
(2020-02-22, 05:24 AM)Iraj_Javidan Wrote: [ -> ]Where should I upload table structure. SQL??
You don't need to upload that file Smile
(2020-03-07, 04:31 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very odd issue, I'll try and replicate it. Do yo know which alert is being created? Is it the subscribed thread alert or the thread author alert or the quote alert?

Hi, thank you for your response!

I am pretty sure it's for the subscribed threads alert.
(2020-04-02, 01:40 PM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-07, 04:31 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very odd issue, I'll try and replicate it. Do yo know which alert is being created? Is it the subscribed thread alert or the thread author alert or the quote alert?

Hi, thank you for your response!

I am pretty sure it's for the subscribed threads alert.
Thanks, I'll look into it this weekend and try get it fixed.
Plugin doesn't works for me.

I am using Mybb 1.8.21 and PHP 7 (just 7 not 7.2 or 7.3)

Problem is I can activate everything works fine but when I quote other users they dont receive any notification. Simply they see 0 notification. There is no stuff in error_log, no error in panel. I don't know why it isn't working. I tried everything, re-installed trillions of times with new and different files. But nope its not working.
(2020-04-08, 12:11 AM)metexd123 Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin doesn't works for me.

Problem is I can activate everything works fine but when I quote other users they dont receive any notification. Simply they see 0 notification. There is no stuff in error_log, no error in panel. I don't know why it isn't working. I tried everything, re-installed trillions of times with new and different files. But nope its not working.

I'm having the same issue, everything seems to have installed correctly, no errors, and no missing files. Site title changes to *Site name* (1) whenever there is an alert, but there is never an alert.

(2020-04-08, 09:10 PM)R34P3R Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm having the same issue, everything seems to have installed correctly, no errors, and no missing files. Site title changes to *Site name* (1) whenever there is an alert, but there is never an alert.
Could you possibly post the MyCode that is created for the quote? I'm aware of some past reports about quotes for usernames with spaces in causing problems due to some weird stuff that SCEditor does, but am not aware of any other issues to prevent alerts being sent entirely.
For coding my plugin this past days I added MyAlerts support and everything seem to work just fine. Alerts for my plugin and reputation arrived fine.
I am using MyAlerts since the begining of my forums with 1.6.x and now with 1.8.x version and all works fine.

I don't use all alerts types but the common ones all works as need to do.

All my plugins where i have added MyAlerts bridge works perfect since the first version and new version due i have updated it all the times when it's needed.

However for quotes with white spaces only due special chars and all works as it have to or at least that is what some of my users told me. Of course the problem cames with sceditor for only one line that breaks it and i have changed it manually and all works fine.

But only that is the only one issue i was experienced it into my forums and all the other stuff works fine Smile

It is not a problem with php or something due into my site i use php 7+ and into my dev boards into local environment i use the last 7.4.x version of php, sql 8 and more and all works fine too.

At least that is what i can say because if some issue or error appears into my forums i fix it and all based into users reports and own tests.