MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-04-08, 11:26 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]I am using MyAlerts since the begining of my forums with 1.6.x and now with 1.8.x version and all works fine.

I don't use all alerts types but the common ones all works as need to do.

All my plugins where i have added MyAlerts bridge works perfect since the first version and new version due i have updated it all the times when it's needed.

However for quotes with white spaces only due special chars and all works as it have to or at least that is what some of my users told me. Of course the problem cames with sceditor for only one line that breaks it and i have changed it manually and all works fine.

But only that is the only one issue i was experienced it into my forums and all the other stuff works fine Smile

It is not a problem with php or something due into my site i use php 7+ and into my dev boards into local environment i use the last 7.4.x version of php, sql 8 and more and all works fine too.

At least that is what i can say because if some issue or error appears into my forums i fix it and all based into users reports and own tests.

Care to share the line that breaks it?

I have 2.02 on 1822.  Seems to be working OK, but looking to upgrade to 2.04.  Have master.zip from Github and created the ClassLoader.php in /inc/Plugins/MybbStuff/Core.  Plugin library is 13.

Any advice?  Uninstall, upload, and activate? Or de-activate, upload, re-activate?  Have a test instance of my forum on a private network for prototyping, but everything I've tried thus far doesn't work.  Seems to install OK, no errors, but also no alerts?

cheers...
^ have you checked whether alerts types are enabled at user control panel options (related image)
(2020-04-16, 12:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ have you checked whether alerts types are enabled at user control panel options (related image)

Yes...
(2020-04-16, 03:02 PM)dartsnutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-16, 12:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ have you checked whether alerts types are enabled at user control panel options (related image)

Yes...
Is there any chance you can PM me your forum URL and details for a test account to look into this further? I'll be able to look into it this weekend.
(2020-04-16, 09:38 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes...
Is there any chance you can PM me your forum URL and details for a test account to look into this further? I'll be able to look into it this weekend.
Still on 2.02 on the live forum, which is working well enough after upgrading to 1822, starting from 1806.  Test forum is located on a private network, but is a recent restore of prod - without the domain references of course.  Tried to revert as many templates as possible while maintaining current functionality.  Upgraded several plugins - but more need a look, including several I think the functionality is now core.  MyAlerts is a big part of our forum, and not keen on taking it on without some success in testing.

If you think having a look at the live forum with 2.02 would be useful - - can setup access.

cheers Euan...
^ obviously,
if version 2.04 is not working then you have to setup that version to check.
it can be a test forum with the similar environment of live forum.
initially temporary access to forum admin panel & files (ftp) would be required.
(2020-04-17, 12:22 AM)dartsnutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-16, 09:38 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes...
Still on 2.02 on the live forum, which is working well enough after upgrading to 1822, starting from 1806.  Test forum is located on a private network, but is a recent restore of prod - without the domain references of course.  Tried to revert as many templates as possible while maintaining current functionality.  Upgraded several plugins - but more need a look, including several I think the functionality is now core.  MyAlerts is a big part of our forum, and not keen on taking it on without some success in testing.

If you think having a look at the live forum with 2.02 would be useful - - can setup access.

cheers Euan...
If it's working in 2.0.2 and not 2.0.4, then I think I'll definitely need to get access to see if I can figure out the cause. There's nothing that comes to mind when trying to work out how it could fail.
(2020-04-17, 07:33 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]If it's working in 2.0.2 and not 2.0.4, then I think I'll definitely need to get access to see if I can figure out the cause. There's nothing that comes to mind when trying to work out how it could fail.

PM sent...

(2020-04-17, 05:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ obviously,
initially temporary access to forum admin panel & files (ftp) would be required.

No doubt you're correct, and it may come to that.  Reluctant to try the upgrade and have it break, as my testing indicates it will.  To configure access to our test system, would need to setup port forwarding and a bunch of other things.  Given Euan temp access to our live forum running 2.02, so we'll see what he has to say and go from there.

regards...
(2020-04-17, 12:39 PM)dartsnutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-17, 07:33 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]If it's working in 2.0.2 and not 2.0.4, then I think I'll definitely need to get access to see if I can figure out the cause. There's nothing that comes to mind when trying to work out how it could fail.

PM sent...

(2020-04-17, 05:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ obviously,

No doubt you're correct, and it may come to that.  Reluctant to try the upgrade and have it break, as my testing indicates it will.  To configure access to our test system, would need to setup port forwarding and a bunch of other things.  Given Euan temp access to our live forum running 2.02, so we'll see what he has to say and go from there.

regards...
Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow morning and see if I can figure out what's going on.
2.04 just gave me a http 500 error upon manually installing.