MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get an error every time I try to install it. Are there certain requirements for it to work other than PluginLibrary?
"I get an error" is not particularly helpful. What is the actual error?

PHP 5.3+ is required, as is PluginLibrary. Otherwise, there are no external requirements that aren't included in the mods site download. If you download from GitHub, you need my Plugins.Core library.
@Euan.T you should specify that " myalerts 2.0.2 " only works from mybb 1.8.4 + because

MyBB Versions: 1.8.x is misleading...

thank you for this essential plugin !
@Euan T no news for SimpleLikes?
i can't test myalert 2.0 series without simplelikes compatible version for 2.0 series.
mentionme i can replace with DVZmentions. But SimpleLikes...
I'll be finishing SimpleLikes this week. It only needs a minor upgrade to work Smile
(2015-07-25, 08:19 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be finishing SimpleLikes this week. It only needs a minor upgrade to work Smile

thanks Big Grin ... so i will wait...
I making several edits etc to upgrade from 1.0.4.
Remove modal etc...

I have sucess to remove modal etc... But auto mark read alerts not work more in 2.0?
I tried too in new installation of mybb without plugin edit in 2.0.2... But same thing... Not mark read more. I need go to alerts.php page to auto mark read work. Why?
(2015-07-26, 09:09 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]I making several edits etc to upgrade from 1.0.4.
Remove modal etc...

I have sucess to remove modal etc... But auto mark read alerts not work more in 2.0?
I tried too in new installation of mybb without plugin edit in 2.0.2... But same thing... Not mark read more. I need go to alerts.php page to auto mark read work. Why?

Hi,

The way that alerts are marked read changed slightly in 2.0.0 as several suers complained about it happening automatically and wanted it to happen when you clicked on alerts. Alerts.php does it automatically to make life slightly easier and because I had to find some compromise. The links do currently seem to be broken in the version on GitHub though, which I need to look at.
The way way for marking alerts read would be same way as is used for example on Facebook site. It is marked automatically read when you visit the event or you click on alert
(2015-07-26, 12:29 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The way that alerts are marked read changed slightly in 2.0.0 as several suers complained about it happening automatically and wanted it to happen when you clicked on alerts. Alerts.php does it automatically to make life slightly easier and because I had to find some compromise. The links do currently seem to be broken in the version on GitHub though, which I need to look at.

so in 2.0.2 of github has bug that not mark read when open modal and neither when you click in link? Correct?
Only mark read in Alerts.php?
My users will complain. Then I'd better continue with version 1.0.4.
Not possible add option in ACP to auto mark read alerts? My users have become accustomed so with auto mark read alerts, it is difficult for me to say that this has changed, they will tell me to continue with the 1.0.4 version.

(2015-07-26, 12:44 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]The way way for marking alerts read would be same way as is used for example on Facebook site. It is marked automatically read when you visit the event or you click on alert

This is not ideal for me.
My users are already accustomed to 1.0.4. They will complain too much about that change.