MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help, everything is working fine on my website. I then install myalerts 2.02 and it breaks my dropdown boxes, profile tabs, repuatation system so i click deactivate and its all fine again. I want to be able to use this plugin.
(2015-07-30, 06:25 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-30, 01:30 AM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]Does this plugin need PHP 5.4?
It should work with later versions of PHP 5.3 I believe. 
(2015-07-30, 03:06 AM)whyy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I just took a deep breath...everythings fine. It's just a mod, and this is just myBB.

Now then. Have you tried having your mod enabled with guests posts?

I just got a fatal error that needs some looking at.

" Call to a member function getByCode() on a non-object in.... " in myAlerts.php

I'm somewhat shocked this was left unaddressed, myAlerts should not even be involved in guest posting,

Uninstalled until next release, please fix

(2015-07-30, 03:06 AM)whyy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I just took a deep breath...everythings fine. It's just a mod, and this is just myBB.

" Call to a member function getByCode() on a non-object in.... " in myAlerts.php

I'm somewhat shocked this was left unaddressed, myAlerts should not even be involved in guest posting,

Fluoride sheeple rejoice!

Open up myalerts.php, and above line 891 AND 952 ADD

if ( !is_object( MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager ) ) { return false; }

How long until the next error? Who knows. Author can i just add the above line right above EVERY instance of "MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager::" or would that break something else? I swear this is the 2nd mod i've had to mod afterward lol

...This mod makes me need beer.

LINE 843 TOO, ALMOST SNEAKED PAST ME. WHEN GUEST QUOTES A POST !

Oops, I always forget about guest posting as I've never once used it. I'll have to add checks throughout the plugin for that, which I'll do for the next release. 

Most people don't allow guest posting, so there are likely several mods that'll break.

I get an error where it says there are problems on certain lines of code.
(2015-07-30, 10:37 PM)Yeezy Wrote: [ -> ]I need help, everything is working fine on my website. I then install myalerts 2.02 and it breaks my dropdown boxes, profile tabs, repuatation system so i click deactivate and its all fine again. I want to be able to use this plugin.

Can you send me your URL and details for an admin account? That way I can find the cause.

(2015-07-30, 10:59 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]

How long until the next error? Who knows. Author can i just add the above line right above EVERY instance of "MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager::" or would that break something else? I swear this is the 2nd mod i've had to mod afterward lol

Oops, I always forget about guest posting as I've never once used it. I'll have to add checks throughout the plugin for that, which I'll do for the next release. 

Most people don't allow guest posting, so there are likely several mods that'll break.

Hi, can you tell me what the actual errors are and your exact PHP version?
On my dev board, I have MyAlerts 2.0.2 and guest posting enabled (with reCAPTCHA) and don't think I have any issues.
(2015-07-31, 06:26 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-30, 10:37 PM)Yeezy Wrote: [ -> ]I need help, everything is working fine on my website. I then install myalerts 2.02 and it breaks my dropdown boxes, profile tabs, repuatation system so i click deactivate and its all fine again. I want to be able to use this plugin.

Can you send me your URL and details for an admin account? That way I can find the cause.

My PHP version is:
5.2.17 (Sorry I thought it was 5.3)

The error I got is:
Fatal error: Class 'MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager' not found in /home/a7707238/public_html/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 91
(2015-07-31, 03:08 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-31, 06:26 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

My PHP version is:
5.2.17 (Sorry I thought it was 5.3)

The error I got is:
Fatal error: Class 'MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager' not found in /home/a7707238/public_html/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 91

Hi, it definitely won't work then. It requires 5.3. That specific error may be because the file at inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/AlertTypeManager.php doesn't exist or cannot be accessed due to permissions.
I pm'd you what you requested. please help asap
Thanks, I'll take a look this morning.
Hi, 

I m using this plugin and miunanews plugin

since yesterday i face issue with it, 

a. my alert is no longer being updated, 
 this cause miunanews also stuck the page

i disabled miunanews but still alerts are not being updated any more

i guess the issue comes from this plugin

how to solve it.?
Do you mean you are not receiving alerts anymore? That wouldn't just happen randomly, you must have changed something.