MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you walk me through what you're doing. You just need to have PluginLibrary, Plugins.Core and myalerts. The only one you have to install and activate is MyAlerts, everything else just has to be uploaded.
(2015-09-19, 07:40 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Can you walk me through what you're doing. You just need to have PluginLibrary, Plugins.Core and myalerts. The only one you have to install and activate is MyAlerts, everything else just has to be uploaded.
I just click Activate and I get an internal error (previous attachment). List of plugins:

[attachment=35123]

[attachment=35124]

By the way, I installed My Alerts 2.0.2 this way (replacing files) on my other forum and I didn't have any trouble.
Uninstall all posible conflictive plugins with this MyAlerts version.

List of known conflict plugins as i know, due some old codes.

- Mention Me (Wildcard) - Use version i share.
- MyProfile (The garfield) - Use some version shared by me.

This two plugins have some old code and have to be rewriten to make MyAlerts capable.

So you have to uninstall, then install MyAlerts. You haave to uninstall all data of this plugin.

Then install and test it, then install another plugins with MyAalerts compatibillity one by one and see where's the problem, as far as i know this two plugins caauses some code errors due the mentioned at the begining.
(2015-09-19, 09:19 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstall all posible conflictive plugins with this MyAlerts version.

This two plugins have some old code and have to be rewriten to make MyAlerts capable.

So you have to uninstall, then install MyAlerts. You haave to uninstall all data of this plugin.

Then install and test it, then install another plugins with MyAalerts compatibillity one by one and see where's the problem, as far as i know this two plugins caauses some code errors due the mentioned at the begining.

I went ahead and completely removed Mention Me because it's outdated but here is the new internal error when I try to activate My Alerts.

[attachment=35125]

I really don't want to uninstall all of my plugins unless it's necessary because nearly all of them have custom templates.

Thank you and Euan T for trying to help fix this problem, though.
does this use the alerts are for ratings in the default mybb setup? a little black alerts top right?
(2015-09-19, 09:58 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-19, 09:19 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstall all posible conflictive plugins with this MyAlerts version.

I went ahead and completely removed Mention Me because it's outdated but here is the new internal error when I try to activate My Alerts.

I really don't want to uninstall all of my plugins unless it's necessary because nearly all of them have custom templates.

You may actually have found a bug, which seems to happen on certain MySQL versions. I'll have to look into it and release a patch. 
(2015-09-19, 10:01 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]does this use the alerts are for ratings in the default mybb setup? a little black alerts top right?
I'm not sure what you mean?
seems like 1,86 has a new feature, if your msg is short you get a little black alert up the top right that fade in and out...

you can test it out from the quick reply by typing wtf
Yeah, this plugin doesn't do anything related to that at all.
(2015-09-20, 07:57 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

You may actually have found a bug, which seems to happen on certain MySQL versions. I'll have to look into it and release a patch. 
(2015-09-19, 10:01 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]does this use the alerts are for ratings in the default mybb setup? a little black alerts top right?
Do you need anymore information from me to fix this bug?

It's odd because I upgraded from Alerts 1.0.5 on my other forum the same way with minimal problems.
(2015-09-20, 01:50 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-20, 07:57 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you need anymore information from me to fix this bug?

It's odd because I upgraded from Alerts 1.0.5 on my other forum the same way with minimal problems.

I don't think so. I think I know what causes the problem, just need to get time to fix it.