MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
myalerts affects who's online display negative, the ad where someone is , in part, is no longer correct
I've re-installed MyAlerts (Deleted old files and uploaded the recently downloaded)

Now I get this error:
[Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getExtension() in /home/a3839703/public_html/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 220

I deleted the file from the Plugins folder, re-uploaded it and I get the same error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getExtension() in /home/a3839703/public_html/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 220
(2015-09-20, 05:55 PM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ]I've re-installed MyAlerts (Deleted old files and uploaded the recently downloaded)

Now I get this error:
[Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getExtension() in /home/a3839703/public_html/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 220

I deleted the file from the Plugins folder, re-uploaded it and I get the same error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getExtension() in /home/a3839703/public_html/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 220

Which version of PHP do you have? Are you using the current files from GitHub?

@hkkp DO you know which pages affect it?
(2015-09-20, 02:15 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-20, 01:50 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-20, 07:57 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-19, 09:58 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-19, 09:19 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstall all posible conflictive plugins with this MyAlerts version.

List of known conflict plugins as i know, due some old codes.

- Mention Me (Wildcard) - Use version i share.
- MyProfile (The garfield) - Use some version shared by me.

This two plugins have some old code and have to be rewriten to make MyAlerts capable.

So you have to uninstall, then install MyAlerts. You haave to uninstall all data of this plugin.

Then install and test it, then install another plugins with MyAalerts compatibillity one by one and see where's the problem, as far as i know this two plugins caauses some code errors due the mentioned at the begining.

I went ahead and completely removed Mention Me because it's outdated but here is the new internal error when I try to activate My Alerts.

I really don't want to uninstall all of my plugins unless it's necessary because nearly all of them have custom templates.

Thank you and Euan T for trying to help fix this problem, though.
You may actually have found a bug, which seems to happen on certain MySQL versions. I'll have to look into it and release a patch. 
(2015-09-19, 10:01 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]does this use the alerts are for ratings in the default mybb setup? a little black alerts top right?
I'm not sure what you mean?
Do you need anymore information from me to fix this bug?

It's odd because I upgraded from Alerts 1.0.5 on my other forum the same way with minimal problems.

I don't think so. I think I know what causes the problem, just need to get time to fix it.

When do you think you can patch this bug?

I hate to ask but I just don't want you to forget because of how rare this bug is(?)

Thank you.
The plugin has an impact on Who's online display . further back it installs itself once clean and sometimes not. so looking at the moment of my ACP. ( Appendix ) . If Its users do not wanted , I would have thrown it down here a long time.
Those screenshots seem to indicate a missing language file, can you make sure the language files are there?
language-file is existent....
(2015-09-20, 06:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-20, 05:55 PM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ]I've re-installed MyAlerts (Deleted old files and uploaded the recently downloaded)

Now I get this error:

(2015-09-22, 05:31 PM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-20, 06:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Now I get this error:

That'll be why. This plugin requires PHP 5.3 or newer.
Ok thanks Euan i think you should put on github repo minimum requeriments to work with MyAlerts.

I add some new code to m forked repo for test purposes i fix delete alerts one by one whe you add templates then all shows like empty alerts, and i only let delete to maae his job and works so fine.

Another deletion is for redirect link, because shows wrong page on some hosts when i use Google SEO but it can be better, i add another code to set if alert exists or not and mark a read. but in this case have to work in code yet and make some tests.

This code is for 2.0.3 version only, so maybe you can review it to let me know how can it betterise the code.

EDIT: This is my own forked version

Thanks in advice.