MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am trying to install myAlerts 2.0.2 on my forum (1.8.7). Whenever I try to activate myAlerts, I get the following error:

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined method DirectoryIterator::getExtension() in /home/dubgal5/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/myalerts.php on line 220

I have the Thank You/Like plugin installed, but even if I deactivate it, I still get the error. Any ideas why?

Here is a list of m current plugins (I'll probably delete the Welcome PM plugin since I can't get it to work)

[attachment=35997]
^ looks like your forum is running on an older version of php. this plugin requires at least php 5.3
Thanks, .m., that was the problem!  I upgraded to 5.5 and it activated just fine.
I installed the plugin and everything seemed to be working fine but I found that guests can't post in threads. They can create threads but cannot post in existing ones...

Please help!
^ I don't think MyAlerts is blocking guests from replying to threads. what is your forum url ?
(2016-04-18, 02:45 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ I don't think MyAlerts is blocking guests from replying to threads. what is your forum url ?

http://the-fringe.com/forum-general_discussion

It's uninstalled now in case someone wants to post nli.
@ChillBro

Inded, the problem was due a some unregistered function for guests i got the same problem on my forum when makes some forum to guests can post to fix one of my plugins and i see that error and fix it on my forum but yes is a known problem with MyAlerts. I think this will be solved on next release as some other features, by the way i share my own file on my github repo of MyAlerts i add some features and fix some errors, but have to work more on other ones due a some mistakes on ajax due a several reason on some php sentences.

But i think Euan stay alerts and fix this on next version, but yes is a problem with MyAlerts.
(2016-04-18, 03:33 AM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]@ChillBro

Inded, the problem was due a some unregistered function for guests i got the same problem on my forum when makes some forum to guests can post to fix one of my plugins and i see that error and fix it on my forum but yes is a known problem with MyAlerts. I think this will be solved on next release as some other features, by the way i share my own file on my github repo of MyAlerts i add some features and fix some errors, but have to work more on other ones due a some mistakes on ajax due a several reason on some php sentences.

But i think Euan stay alerts and fix this on next version, but yes is a problem with MyAlerts.

Thank you for the fast response. I had checked all my other plugins and seen that it wasn't a conflict so I wasn't sure where to go at the point that I posted in this thread..

Anyway, are you saying that you fixed that error and I can get yours that allows guest posting at github?

ETA: I did try your version and it seems to make the plugins page in admincp inaccessible.
Hi,

Yes there is a bug in MyAlerts that prevents guest posting at the minute. I keep meaning to fix it and keep forgetting. I'll try and have a look at it this week.
(2016-04-18, 01:23 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yes there is a bug in MyAlerts that prevents guest posting at the minute. I keep meaning to fix it and keep forgetting. I'll try and have a look at it this week.

Thank you, that would be great!!