MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts v2.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-18, 09:36 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. I'll investigate this as soon as I can. I'm using PHP 7 myself on my own server, without any issues. It looks like the problem is the way I decode JSON for the extra details field.

I'm getting exactly the same php error on php7.
These are the alert types I have: http://i.imgur.com/TnMaI9D.png
(2016-09-25, 12:00 AM)fonta Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-18, 09:36 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. I'll investigate this as soon as I can. I'm using PHP 7 myself on my own server, without any issues. It looks like the problem is the way I decode JSON for the extra details field.

Can you try removing "dvx_mentions_post" and "note moderator" and see if it keeps happening? I run MyAlerts on my forum on PHP 7.0 with no custom alert types except from my Simple Likes plugin and there are no errors.
(2016-09-25, 08:07 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-25, 12:00 AM)fonta Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you try removing "dvx_mentions_post" and "note moderator" and see if it keeps happening? I run MyAlerts on my forum on PHP 7.0 with no custom alert types except from my Simple Likes plugin and there are no errors.
I agree that it probably has something to do with (one) of these plugins. Unfortunately I reverted back tot PHP 5.6 because I also ran into other issues.
- The dvx_mentions plugin gave also errors in the error_log
- runkit doesn't work yet on php7. (need this for sso on wordpress and for an application on laravel where I use the mybb class integrater,)
Hi Euan, I know you might be busier on something else as I am busy too, but here's a possible enhancement for the next minor update. private_do_send_end hook which is used to generate the PM alert should be changed with datahandler_pm_insert or something similar found in the pmhandler (reported by @Brenda here). Otherwise, third party plugins sending PMs will not generate an alert.

This is not top priority, and I have not had a look at MyAlerts current implementation so I don't know how hard would it be to change the logic, but I'd just leave it here and as an issue on GitHub.
(2016-09-25, 01:34 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan, I know you might be busier on something else as I am busy too, but here's a possible enhancement for the next minor update. private_do_send_end hook which is used to generate the PM alert should be changed with datahandler_pm_insert or something similar found in the pmhandler (reported by @Brenda here). Otherwise, third party plugins sending PMs will not generate an alert.

This is not top priority, and I have not had a look at MyAlerts current implementation so I don't know how hard would it be to change the logic, but I'd just leave it here and as an issue on GitHub.

Yeah, this is one of those tasks that has been on my “to fix” list for a while. I’ll need to try and find some time to look at it.
(2016-09-18, 09:36 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. I'll investigate this as soon as I can. I'm using PHP 7 myself on my own server, without any issues. It looks like the problem is the way I decode JSON for the extra details field.

Any solutions found?
(2016-09-25, 04:36 PM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ]

Any solutions found?

Are you using any plugins that integrate with MyAlerts? I cannot reproduce this at all on a standard version of MyAlerts without any plugins integrated or with my own plugins integrated.
(2016-09-25, 05:41 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-25, 04:36 PM)aggelosQQ Wrote: [ -> ]

Any solutions found?

Are you using any plugins that integrate with MyAlerts? I cannot reproduce this at all on a standard version of MyAlerts without any plugins integrated or with my own plugins integrated.

These are my plugins:
[Image: ypx]
Information:
[Image: 669d39b8c8c28364ce659e3a4c24d426.png]
Strange. I'm also using PHP 7.0.11 and you don't seem to have any plugins that integrate with MyAlerts.

Can you have a look in the "mybb_alerts" table in phpMyAdmin and show some of the content (you can send it via PM if you wish)?
Hi,

I recently installed your plugin MyAlerts and I am having some issues. I am currently using the SquareTheme btw. I tried using MyAlerts on the default theme and it works perfectly fine.

So when I press alerts in the header, instead of a small blue table popping it, the website adds a the alerts page on the home screen. I've attached a picture to hopefully explain my problem. Thanks .

http://imgur.com/a/TsNJT