MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Went from 1.8.0 to 1.8.5 --Good to go!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just FYI for developers. My upgrade went very smoothly. Thank you!
That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback!
I've just gone from 1.8.0 to 1.8.5 and while the setup process was smooth, all of the database content and themes have been wiped.

I'm now trying to import my backup file, but it keeps getting halted by duplicate key errors on multiple tables.
What is the quick/easy fix?!?

Please rescue me.

Mick @ www.powerpinochle.com
^ @mickmackusa, looks like your forum was not upgraded but new version was installed.
may be you haven't seen upgrading guidance. anyway, you may PM me access to web host panel to check
I did see the upgrade guidance page.
Because I was going up by more than one software version point, I went for the Full Install.
The example given on the page is 1.6.1 to 1.6.4; and I was going 1.8.0 to 1.8.5.

So, now that I have apparently and erroneously wiped my site, what do I do to recover it?

ugh.
Did you do a backup before attempting the upgrade? If so, you should be able to just restore it and upgrade using the upgrade script again.
I didn't do the MyBB automated database backup, because I did a mass export of the associated database as .sql
I've now dropped all of the new tables from the install.
And successfully imported all of my backed up tables from the .sql file.

Now @ http://www.powerpinochle.com/forum/index.php I get: Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

The whole reason for upgrading is because the Captcha portion of the registration page keeps locking out my new potential sign ups.  What a can of worms.

Please offer further advice.

Phewf, the worst is over.
After DROPping all of the new tables built by the Full Install, I imported my backup tables.
Then I removed the lock file from the install folder and visited: [domain]/forum/install/upgrade.php
After completing the upgrade, all of the content is recovered.

Now, I just need to find where I saved my theme offline and import that.

Lesson learned: "Do the Upgrade, not the Full Install.  Idiot!"

Thank you to support personnel for your attention.
Yep, using /install/upgrade.php is the right approach Smile Glad you got your content back!