MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded to 1.8.5 successfully, and I like it.

However, I noticed that one of my pet peeves hasn't yet gotten fixed. That is, when I don't have permission to view a forum, the error message says,

"Sorry, but there are currently no threads in this forum with the specified date and time limiting options."

Really it should say that I don't have permission to see it. This is an important difference in my setup, because I can't attract new higher-level members if they think there's nothing of value in that forum.

How do I change this error message?

Thank you for all your excellent help...it has been superb thus far!
there should be no permissions message.
provide forum url (where normal users have no permission) & a test user account to check it
I agree, there should be a no permissions message but there isn't. It's like it's choosing the wrong message. How do I change that?

For example....

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/f....php?fid=8
file : forumdisplay.lang.php
$l['nothreads'] = "Sorry but there are currently no threads in this forum with the specified date and time limiting options.";

you can modify it as required.

and here is an interesting discussion related to it !
Beautiful. Thanks for the help. Looks a lot better now!
I agree it's a wrong and misleading error, no idea why it hasn't been fixed yet (I mean, the thread .m. posted distinctly suggests a possible reason, but yea..). Moving to 1.8 bug reports to possibly rediscuss this.
Apparently this has been pushed to Redmine at some point and it's marked as fixed. I'll poke chris to see whether we can get redmine back running, probably there are more infos. Otherwise I'd push this.
As it seems that Redmine won't be available for quite some time I'll push this.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2214

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group