MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.5. and Google SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before I integrate Google SEO plugin, I just wanted to make sure no one has had any problems with Google SEO with 1.8.5.

Are there any known problems between the two?

Also, when I activate the plugin and make all the required changes, will links from the outside world be able to find my new SEO links in the forum or will they be sent to a 404?

Thank you.
so far no problems are known with Google SEO on MyBB 1.8.5
- however someone said that there are problems with sitemaps
you can put forum offline and add the plugin to check it. testing can be done in 30 minutes
if you are not satisfied then you can uninstall the plugin

Google SEO plugin for MyBB 1.8.5 on GitHub
Excellent answer. Do you have a link that describes a nice detailed list of things to test?
(2015-06-01, 03:48 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]so far no problems are known with Google SEO on MyBB 1.8.5
- however someone said that there are problems with sitemaps
you can put forum offline and add the plugin to check it. testing can be done in 30 minutes
if you are not satisfied then you can uninstall the plugin

Google SEO plugin for MyBB 1.8.5 on GitHub

Im using the old SEO i changed compatibility its working fine is this the latest version the one you have in the link?
Yeah, that's what I found
you can just navigate around to check the links , try some non-existing links (eg. forum/404.html ..) for 404 error
Assuming that this plugin works correctly, Will old, outside links referencing my forum pages be AUTOMATICLLY redirected to the new SEO URL?
^ yes, old links will be redirected.
Roadblock detected during installation, and would like some advice.

I am using this guide: http://letsforum.com/Thread-MyBB-SEO-Gui...ndly-Forum

I am on step 3, which says,

"3. Once installed copy the code that shows under the Google SEO plugin in your ACP>>Plugins paste it into notepad save it as .htaccess then upload it to your MyBB main directory!

I do not have any code showing under the Google SEO plugin. Therefore, I have no idea how to configure the .htaccess file. I would copy/paste the code he has, but obviously some of the code for me is going to be somewhat different. I don't know apache, can someone point me to where the exact code exists (if it exists at all in mybb 1.8 version)?

Thank you.

Could someone answer this easier question:

Can I install Google SEO plugin and activate it WITHOUT ever touching the .htaccess file? Would it work if I do this? Or would the plugin do all the .htaccess programming for me?
^ you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it
Pages: 1 2