MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Edited by bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've changed the configuration in the ACP, in order to hide the "edited by" message, but this still appears! Is there a way to fix that? (I couldn't find a duplicate thread)

Look at this:
http://www.frozendale.com/forum/showthre...2#pid20332
Questo messaggio è stato modificato: Oggi 09:52 PM da Sirul Daehl.

and the others in the thread.
Obviously it still appears for messages you've edited a couple of days ago.
darkteller Wrote:I've changed the configuration in the ACP, in order to hide the "edited by" message, but this still appears! Is there a way to fix that? (I couldn't find a duplicate thread)

Look at this:
http://www.frozendale.com/forum/showthre...2#pid20332
Questo messaggio è stato modificato: Oggi 09:52 PM da Sirul Daehl.

and the others in the thread.

Can you confirm that the edits you make now do not show the message?

You can remove the existing "edited by" lines by running this SQL code:
UPDATE mybb_posts SET edituid=0,edittime=0
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)
DennisTT Wrote:Can you confirm that the edits you make now do not show the message?
Of course it's the first thing i checked (look at the date of the edits, it's 20 min ago)

Quote:You can remove the existing "edited by" lines by running this SQL code:
UPDATE mybb_posts SET edituid=0,edittime=0
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)

I'd classify this as a limitation.
That worked. This means there's a bug in the reset, doesn't it?

zaher1988 Wrote:How did you try to hide it?
In the post settings i set hide from forum members and normal users.
Ok so just to clarify, if you make an edit now, there is no "edited by". Correct or incorrect?

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted my previous message. I found another way which might fix the problem.
Correct. No problems now.
Ok thanks.

I've got another solution (but it won't matter for you since all the edited by data has been deleted):
in functions_post.php, find:
		if($post['edituid'] != "" && $post['edittime'] != "" && $post['editusername'] != "")
Replace with:
		if($post['edituid'] != "" && $post['edittime'] != "" && $post['editusername'] != "" && $mybb->settings['showeditedby'] != "no" && $mybb->settings['showeditedbyadmin'] != "no")

So if both "Show edited by" settings are set to "no" then none of the existing edited by messages will show.
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
Thank you Wink
DennisTT Wrote:
		if($post['edituid'] != "" && $post['edittime'] != "" && $post['editusername'] != "" && $mybb->settings['showeditedby'] != "no" && $mybb->settings['showeditedbyadmin'] != "no")

Thanks a lot DennisTT..that code solved my own problem too.

Best regards
maatty