MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shows Avatar on Threadlist and Forumlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Dark Neo Author of "Shows Avatar on Threadlist and Forumlist"

we are really thankful to you for such great plugin but after upgrading mybb to 1.8.5 now i am facing this error , can you please guide us how to solve this issue ?

[Image: Y2KgZdT.png]
BR
Mujeeb
I'd suggest to not use that plugin. see this caution
Yes i haave a knowledge of this and other issues after ugrade or install 1.8.5 version

This whitout reason takes a values and insert into other templates, on lesser version all goes fine, so now i'm reviewing to change some facts, but not oly this mod maany others haave affected by 1.8.5 version, anyway modal boxes caauses conflicts and code insertion without aany reason, no code present and enabled, i did not find the reason at all, only the fact of require have to use only one time at all i fixed some things but i have to work on how to solve all, many users have troubles with 1.8.5 and i recomend on my forums to not use it right now, until i have found a reason of this incorrect function of maany plugins with some routines on install, activate, deactivate and uninstall routines, only in 1.8.5 version this happens i use it on all versions and aall goes fine, only with 1.8.5 i know this and many other plugins and templates are broken without a reason, and i think there have some posible injections of code in this latest release in some way but i don't found it at all right now, only know on some plugins this is an important error to found why is there.

I recomend not to use on latest release 1.8.5 like other plugins.

1.- find_replace_templatesets is the function where this happen on 1.8.5 only.
2.- Modal Boxes takes some values and don't take values if you change it, only works on global templates, and default after update cache, but other themes won't woks never. (This i don't remember in what version appears but before some releases this works fine, and in others don't work never).
3.- Some plugins inject a code on other parts with the function i saaid in first case and like avatars plugin if you see put wrong code in some areas even the created before by the plugin are broken at all.. I review it anc change but i foun the replacemente won't take effect and for that reason i dunno how MyBB works with the code and set inside other templates and more, some templates was broken without reason.

I want to know why but i have to change all code of replacements to make it works fine, but if you only upload files and make changes manually all goes fine. So i know is the problem with MyBB and function of replacements where all brokes the code :s

Ok test the latest github repo

https://github.com/WhiteNeo/lastposter-a...18x-series

I fixed and change some adds, so now you have to change manually templates but haave to works, any other issue please on githube before i can release it here, but ths version can be used on 1.8.4 and 1.8.5 is the latest i use on my forums and have no errors i reviewed latests files and have the same error i said before, so don't use it on 1.8.5 only. On others works fine, this last have to work and i fix all before releasing here...
i am going to try github repo on my testing board with 1.8.5 , and will inform you .

i tried and install it on my testing board , it adds avatar in circle shape and as you mention some templates need to change manually maybe because of that avatar css are bit messy .[Image: h8ZCWMe.png]

but on activation it doesn't give any error , thank you for great plugin .
Thanks at all to you, i think is an error on some preg_replace function and i add only vars now no other changes...

See yah !!!
any update about this great plugin ?
The latest released version is on github at the moment until i finish it,but right now i'm working on my other plugins due a very less time to work with.

So until i finish all mods i can work in others and then release it.

Right now i release Thank You MyBB System 2.5.4 is the most usefull plugin i got on my site and it's for free, i have another new versions but only have to take time for release it.
I noticed that this plugin won't work with guest posting. For a guest it will show a members avatar and not a default quest avatar.

Is there a way to get it to show the quest avatar when they post?
@SouthernPride

Thanks for your comment, i fix it on latest gthub repo, but i have to male some more tests to upload here and release it.

https://github.com/WhiteNeo/lastposter-a...18x-series

Test latest repo is the most updated file and works fine as far as i know.