MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing mybb on windows hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I host my site with hostforlife.eu now. I sign up for their windows shared hosting plan. I just wonder can I install mybb on their hosting environment? If anyone ever experience installing mybb on windows server, please advise me steps to install it on windows server environment.

Thank you
modifying permissions for files & folders on windows hosting might be confusing for many beginners.
why don't you use regular linux web hosting .. anyway, this external guidance can be of some help

MyBB required permissions => http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/#file-permissions
If possible, avoid using a Windows server with MyBB. At least IIS, I should say. IIS tends to cause little problems with MyBB if you don't know really well what you're doing, and we don't intend to fix the issues that IIS causes.
This is a question that you should ask your hosting company.
I run mybbs on Window IIS server . . .no problem.
I also run WordPress and I've run Simple Machines Forum and other php software - because the hosting company has a properly configured server.

And I never have any "little problems" with MyBB.
Again, it is your hosting company that should have their server configured to run php.
And "yes" you can run MyBB on Windows IIS

It's too bad that MyBB doesn't have a dedicated forum for IIS users. . .
Its nice to have the best of both worlds.
(2015-06-03, 05:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]modifying permissions for files & folders on windows hosting might be confusing for many beginners.
why don't you use regular linux web hosting ..  anyway, this external guidance can be of some help

MyBB required permissions  => http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/#file-permissions

Yeappp.... It is working fine on hostforlife.eu hosting environment. Thank you for your link. I asked them to install it for me. Smile

(2015-06-08, 09:27 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]This is a question that you should ask your hosting company.
I run mybbs on Window IIS server . . .no problem.
I also run WordPress and I've run Simple Machines Forum and other php software - because the hosting company has a properly configured server.

And I never have any "little problems" with MyBB.
Again, it is your hosting company that should have their server configured to run php.
And "yes" you can run MyBB on Windows IIS

It's too bad that MyBB doesn't have a dedicated forum for IIS users. . .
Its nice to have the best of both worlds.

Hi cloudy,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is working fine. I ask them to install it for me.

Thank you. Smile
Hello,

Glad to see that you've resolved your issue and can successfully run MyBB on your IIS system.

As the issue is understood to be resolved, I am going to close this thread and mark it as solved to avoid necroposts in this thread. If there is any problem with this, feel free to PM me for assistance.

Thank you,
Josh Harmon