MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing all post of a banned member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had to BAN my first member, due to a severe violation of my TOS rules. He "threatened to do bodily harm to another member". Question, I want all of his postings removed from my board. Is there a way I can remove all of his postings from all of my forums with "one click"? Or, do I need to go in and delete each of his postings, "one by one", in each forum category.
You can run this query in phpMyAdmin:

DELETE FROM mybb_posts WHERE uid = 'the_uid_of_the_user_here'

DELETE FROM mybb_threads WHERE uid = 'the_uid_of_the_user_here'

Than run the recount and rebuild tools in the acp. Remember to replace the table prefix with yours and replace 'the_uid_of_the_user_here' with the user id of the user you've banned.
Thanks Tiki,

I am so afraid of "messing it up" making changes to the DB. I will have my Mod help me to just go in and delete his post one by one. Would this ever be added as a plugin or directly to future versions of myBB?
I can probably whip up a plugin for this.
That would be great Labrocca! I had to do this once for someone who spammed my board with over 100 of the same spam post! I did the query to get rid of them, but it would be nice to be able to do it from ACP! Big Grin
Hey thank you Labrocca! so much!!! It would be great to preform this task from the CP. He has around 50 or so post, so man would that be a time saver!! SmileSmile

Should I just monitor this post for when it's made?

And thanks again for the help my friend!
Hey thanks again Labrocca for this plug-in. I am having trouble signing in at your myBBcentral. I went by corkey at signup. Can you check into this for me? Thanks
labrocca Wrote:http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.php?tid=78

Labrocca,

Would you be so kind as to PM this zip file? I have tried several times to login at your forum and can't. I really would appreciate a copy of this file.
Thanks much,

Matt