MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb and AWS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I stumbled upon this earlier and am thinking about switching from Shared hosting to AWS. https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B0...OI#support
Has anyone used AWS for MyBB? Would it be better than shared hosting? Any main problems?
It may be better for shared hosting in terms of the ability to scale, but I'm not sure about it as a service. If you need a powerful server to run a large forum, you'd be better with a dedicated server of VPS. The issue with images is that the forum might not be up to date, and I don't know how easy it will be to update.
If you don't know what you're doing and you don't have the money to hire someone that does, save yourself the headache and opt for a more common option (shared hosting) - where you will be able to get the support that you need.
(2015-06-04, 03:45 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]It may be better for shared hosting in terms of the ability to scale, but I'm not sure about it as a service. If you need a powerful server to run a large forum, you'd be better with a dedicated server of VPS. The issue with images  is that the forum might not be up to date, and I don't know how easy it will be to update.

From the look of it, it's just a ready-made image of MyBB pre-installed (or pre-uploaded with the server configured). So it should be easy to update.