MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get Daily Automatic Backup of Your MyBB Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its very important to keep daily backups of your MyBB community forums. Because there are so many different things that could potentially happen to your MyBB forum like server hardware failure, hacking etc. However, in this tutorial I will guide you to  get daily backup of your MyBB forum Database.

•    Login your MyBB admin area and navigate to: Tools & Maintenance -> Task Manager (from your left hand sidebar menu)
  •    By default MyBB has a “Weekly Backups” task which is non-active so we will edit that one, find the “Weekly Backups” in the table and click “Options -> Edit Task”
  •    Leave all the fields as they are  and only change the fields which mentioned below:
  •    Field Name: Weekly Backups (Change it to "Daily Backups")
  •    Time: Weekdays: From this menu select “Every Weekday
  •    Task Enabled: Check the “Yes” box
  •    Scroll down & click “Save Task
  •    Next you will get a cron warning error, click “Yes

Now MyBB system will start saving backups of your database in your backup directory. If you don't want daily backups than you can select days (e.g. Sunday, Monday etc) from the Weekdays menu/field.
Quote:@AmatureDJ --->
Indeed very useful to use but i have one simple question for you, if i follow your tutorial just curious what folder will the backup be placed into is this is what it supposed to do?
Answer : The backup will be saved in admin/backups folder. But you can easily download/delete old backups from your Admin CP. For this log into your Admin CP and click Database Backups from quick access panel.

(Thread Updated)

I know that many of the MyBB script user know this. But I hope it will helpful for newbie.
Thanks .
Thanks, this helps a lot!
Been using this for a couple of weeks now. Thanks for posting it.

With a plugin to do the same with WordPress, I now have daily backups of my databases without having to worry about it.
(2015-06-03, 01:43 PM)NomanProdhan Wrote: [ -> ]Its very important to keep daily backups of your MyBB community forums. Because there are so many different things that could potentially happen to your MyBB forum like server hardware failure, hacking etc. However, in this tutorial I will guide you to  get daily backup of your MyBB forum Database.

•    Login your MyBB admin area and navigate to: Tools & Maintenance -> Task Manager (from your left hand sidebar menu)
  •    By default MyBB has a “Weekly Backups” task which is non-active so we will edit that one, find the “Weekly Backups” in the table and click “Options -> Edit Task”
  •    Leave all the fields as they are  and only change the fields which mentioned below:
  •    Field Name: Weekly Backups (Change it to "Daily Backups")
  •    Time: Weekdays: From this menu select “Every Weekday
  •    Task Enabled: Check the “Yes” box
  •    Scroll down & click “Save Task
  •    Next you will get a cron warning error, click “Yes

Now MyBB system will start saving backups of your database  in your backup directory. If you don't want daily backups than you can select days (e.g. Sunday, Monday etc) from the Weekdays menu/field.

I know that many of the MyBB script user know this. But I hope it will helpful for newbie.

Indeed very useful to use but i have one simple question for you, if i follow your tutorial just curious what folder will the backup be placed into is this is what it supposed to do?

THX
I think from memory it goes into backups.

But when you go into your admin panel, you will see an option Database Backups. Click on that and you will see all the backups there.

You can then delete ones that are more than one or two days old if you want by simply clicking on Delete.
@bandicoot , Ah, thanks for the clarification!
I set to every month this task and works fine and it's the common way to do this.

Where are stored ? It's simple, you can download it from admin/backups dir.

You can download since admin cp too. Boot are gziped so it's easy to download, sometimes with big dbs won't work due torestrictions on host by limit of some facts.

So you have to disable it and do a backup by yourself, and make by weight on tables Big Grin.
If a site is hacked, restoring from a 30 day old database will mean you lose all the posts and registrations made since then.

Backups need to be made daily, to minimize the loss of data.

You should manually backup your entire site at least weekly, or when any media has been added.

You will have an awful lot of angry members if you lose a month's worth of data.
i use this http://community.mybb.com/thread-28950.html + http://community.mybb.com/thread-28950-p...#pid822163

I send aujtomatically to yahoo mail the backup every day.
of course i split my backup to 5 part because now compressed tar.gz backup of DB of my forum has 100MB and yahoo support in each mail 20 MB.

files i send in each week because as i not permit attachment, not has changes in files.
Pages: 1 2