MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error After Merging Data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I merge the data from my SMF 2 forum, by website turns into this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxwxymwyrdhzlt...8.png?dl=0

Anyone able to help?
That's odd. Have you uploaded all files correctly and have you filezilla (or which ftp program you're using) configured correctly? Looks pretty much like some odd encoding issue.
Wonder how the templates are encoded in the database. Does SMF do something weird with their database encoding choice?
The merge system doesn't touch the templates at all. And it doesn't change the encoding of any table. But yes, SMF (and IPB) have some weird encoding (there are several threads and issues everywhere).
(2015-06-04, 11:08 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]The merge system doesn't touch the templates at all. And it doesn't change the encoding of any table. But yes, SMF (and IPB) have some weird encoding (there are several threads and issues everywhere).

Thank you for your help. I ended up reuploading the whole forum software about 6 Times and reinstalling it. I then found out it was something in the bottom 4 options and the polling options on the merging software that caused it. I didn't transfer them and it is now working fine. Thanks.
Could you send me your database? I'd like to check what's causing this and fix it if possible.
that might be related to gzip compression ..
And how exactly should the gzip compression cause this? The merge system doesn't user it and the database connection is handled by us... And the attachments module throws an error if the files are corrupted.
^ well, that's just a possibility. doesn't Merge system transfer the settings !?