MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why plugin support threads have no hard technical link to the plugin discussing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something should be done so that it's technically linked; to alert the plugin creator, isn't it? Rolleyes
Threads can only be linked if users actually include links to the plugin they're having an issue with. Not every user does this though.
(2015-06-04, 06:41 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Threads can only be linked if users actually include links to the plugin they're having an issue with. Not every user does this though.

It's technically linked or visually/semantically linked only?
^ user may add the link manually in any method.
no rules are enforced to add the links / post the links in a specific method.
(2015-06-04, 07:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ user may add the link manually in any method.
no rules are enforced to add the links / post the links in a specific method.

Ya, , I had already known this, but the problem is that plugin creator may not be notified even though he/she willing to spend some time providing support then at the end the issue/bug forever there for everyone. Sad

I know there may be some contributors but (usually) there are more support issues than contributors. Shy
^ even if the links are added, there is no notification feature available at present in the default MyBB system !

plugin coders usually subscribe to their plugins release threads & users are suggested to post the problems in those threads.

if the plugins are available through GitHub then we suggest users to post serious issues there.
(2015-06-04, 08:03 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ even if the links are added, there is no notification feature available at present in the default MyBB system !

Finally you've answered (double questions in a row) Smile .
  1. Why plugin support threads have no hard technical link to the plugin discussing?
  2. It's technically linked or visually/semantically linked only?
PS: I had already known this, that's why I want to discuss why not do something to technically link it?

(2015-06-04, 08:03 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]plugin coders usually subscribe to their plugins release threads & users are suggested to post the problems in those threads.

if the plugins are available through GitHub then we suggest users to post serious issues there.
Thanks, it's very informative. Angel
(2015-06-04, 08:38 AM)XP Mai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04, 08:03 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ even if the links are added, there is no notification feature available at present in the default MyBB system !

Finally you've answered (double questions in a row) Smile .
  1. Why plugin support threads have no hard technical link to the plugin discussing?
  2. It's technically linked or visually/semantically linked only?
PS: I had already known this, that's why I want to discuss why not do something to technically link it?

(2015-06-04, 08:03 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]plugin coders usually subscribe to their plugins release threads & users are suggested to post the problems in those threads.

Thanks, it's very informative. Angel

We usually don't like to add plugins to the community forum, as it's usually seen as a kind of demo of the software. It would be handy in this case, and might be something Matt might add to MySupport when he eventually gets round to finishing his major upgrade for it...