MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing root folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to upgrade my forum from 1.6 to 1.8.5, but ran into a little trouble. I wanted to make sure everything was working fine, so I created a test folder.

Quote:www.mysite.com/wp/update

Everything worked out well and my plugins are working fine. Now when I try to move the update folder to my url landing. It gives me a fatal error. I tried to rename my test folder from "update" to "forum" ( this is where my url lands) and this is what I get.

Quote:Warning: require_once(/usr/www/user/public/wp/update/inc/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/user/public/wp/update/global.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/www/user/public/wp/update/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /usr/www/user/public/wp/update/global.php on line 18

What am I doing wrong?
~/inc/settings.php file consists of board url & cookie settings.
$settings['bburl'] = "xxxxxx";
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "xxxxxx";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "xxxxxx";
those settings should be corrected first and then again at the forum admin panel >> configuration >> site details page
(2015-06-06, 02:53 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]~/inc/settings.php file consists of board url & cookie settings.
$settings['bburl'] = "xxxxxx";
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "xxxxxx";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "xxxxxx";
those settings should be corrected first and then again at the forum admin panel >> configuration >> site details page

All of those are correct. Thing is my forum won't show anything beside the warning and error.

I'm aware that cookie path can cause login issues. In my case I see nothing and it won't even let me login to the admin page.
well, you may PM me temporary access to your files (FTP) to check the issue