MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Login on Proxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am currently accessing the internet on Proxy, I just found out that I cannot login to my newly created forum using the proxy. When I enter my username and password, I will see a successful login message then be redirected to index page without not be logged on. 
I was thinking it was a cookie problem but everything was correct.
The weired case on this is that I will be successfully logged on when not on proxy but if i clear the browser cookies and try to log in on proxy, I can't. 
I also checked this forum and experienced the same problem. I am able to post because I logged on without proxy and the browser remembered the cookies which made it possible for me to log in and post on proxy. I checked both Chrome and Firefox and it was the same.
Have anybody experienced this problem? Is there any any solution?
Not sure if the issue is related to cookies or not, but if it is you have to change the cookies directory from both settings.php AND site details under acp.
Its not just browsers that have a cache. Websites have them too, though I havent the slightest clue on how to refresh the MyBB cache.

Though MyBB appears to be IP aware, some servers will not permit what it considers foreign accounts from accessing admin functions, or anything that tries to access index.php outside of a set location.

IP locking can be a valuable security feature, but its a real PITA when you want to use proxies or VPNs.