MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: File Verification Problems: Install Files Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum is up and functioning. I installed via my hosting service directly and assumed the installation was complete. However, users are unable to post new threads, but are able to post within existing ones. They're receiving this error message: 

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

After searching the forums, I checked my file verification in the ACP. There are a HUGE number of files listed as missing. All are install/(fill in the blank) images, resources, & index. I assumed I'd be able to find a correction for this, but cannot. 

I'm assuming I didn't connect the hosting correctly with the forum? Apologies for being a complete novice at this...
Hi,

The /install/ files can be ignored, but what are the other missing files?

The error message you posted can sometimes be caused by mod_security being setup incorrectly on your server, which you might have to contact your host about. You could try renaming the file "htaccess.txt" to ".htaccess" (notice the "." at the start), which should disable mod_security (hopefully, though this doesn't always work with some hosts).
Thanks!

I contacted support and they corrected out the mod_security issue. I was hoping that would fix it prior to the posting problems.

Thanks for the info about the /install/ files, I assumed because it said the install/index.php file was missing that no one could post on the forum.

The forum in question is for a poker group. It appears they can post normal questions/comments, but not hand histories which may contain special characters.

For example:
PokerStars Hand #136350802846: Tournament #1247577776, $196.66+$3.34 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (25/50) - 2015/06/06 23:48:56 CUST [2015/06/06 12:48:56 ET]
Table '1247577776 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: currrr14 (425 in chips)
Seat 2: isokyna14 (575 in chips)
currrr14: posts small blind 25
isokyna14: posts big blind 50
HOLE CARDS
Dealt to currrr14 [Qh Qd]
currrr14: calls 25
isokyna14: raises 50 to 100
currrr14: calls 50
FLOP [Kh 2c 3s]
isokyna14: checks
currrr14: checks
TURN [Kh 2c 3s] [Kc]
isokyna14: checks
currrr14: bets 81
isokyna14: calls 81
RIVER [Kh 2c 3s Kc] [2h]
isokyna14: bets 100
currrr14: calls 100
SHOW DOWN
isokyna14: shows [Kd Ks] (four of a kind, Kings)
currrr14: mucks hand
isokyna14 collected 562 from pot
SUMMARY
Total pot 562 | Rake 0
Board [Kh 2c 3s Kc 2h]
Seat 1: currrr14 (button) (small blind) mucked [Qh Qd]
Seat 2: isokyna14 (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and won (562) with four of a kind, Kings

The forbidden error message appears every time. Any idea what could cause the issue?
Hi,

That definitely sounds like some kind of security measure you're host is running that's trying to filter out special characters when sending requests.
Cool. I'll get back in contact with them.

Thanks!
Hi

Not a problem, let us know how it goes so we can mark this thread as solved.
They just turned off the mod_security and checked the other host settings.

Is there any way in the ACP that I can adjust this: Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive.
Hi,

When is that error occurring? That setting is again controlled by the host's PHP configuration, but I would only expect to see that error when uploading files, such as when adding an avatar or attachments.
The error occurred the most recent time that when I copy/pasted a hand history file (example in earlier response). It's not attached using the "add attachment" option, but perhaps the process calculates it the same way?

However, even with the mod_security setting now turned off, the top portion of the file: "PokerStars Hand #136350802846: Tournament #1247577776, $196.66+$3.34 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (25/50) - 2015/06/06 23:48:56 CUST [2015/06/06 12:48:56 ET]" is the issue. I cut all the other hand material from the new post and it returned to the old "Forbidden error message" as before.
Hm,

Definitely sounds like an issue with your host, as the posts obviously work here. Who are you hosting with?
Pages: 1 2