MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sceditor smilies WYSIWYG mode, not parsed correctly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am new to the MyBB community, and I would like to report a bug.
I have searched if it has already been reported but did not find, so I am reporting it here.

When typing at the editor, in WYSIWYG mode, the following:
". :) q"
You will see that it will transform to:
". ::)"

Moreover, smilies' images don't always show up after typing them. For example, when typing ":)" right before any text has been inserted to the editor, it won't convert to a picture.

I have looked into this issue using Firebug console, and I got the following error (at jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js file):

IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount

...}return g},hasStyle:function(b,c,d){var f=e.getStyle(b,c);return f?!d||f===d||a....

After replacing the jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js file with the jquery.sceditor.bbcode.js file provided here, the problem persisted exactly the same, however I got a more understanding javascript code this time, except I don't understand it.

This was tested at a fresh installation of MyBB 1.8.5 and right here in the Community forums while writing this report.

If anyone can find a solution I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.
bump... anyone?
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2045

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Thank you.

One more thing, this bug only happens with emoticonsCompact=true (in the codebuttons template), as someone mentioned in GitHub.
I can confirm that... it is really annoying!!!!