MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users Registering & Seemingly Bypassing Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting approximately 10 "somebody"@yahoo.com registrations a day.
Strange thing is that the Email addresses seem utterly random and none tie in with their profile info.

Registration method is "Send Email Verification", Image Verification and Security Question is active.
I have enabled all spam settings.
I was on 1.8.4 and have just upgraded to 1.8.5.

I was about to give up and accept the 10 or so registrations a day (as they did not seem to be posting anything).
Today, I noticed one of them posted something in Spanish (I think) with a link to a blog advertising protein supplements.

I have temporarily disallowed all Yahoo Email addresses to keep my sanity.
I would LOVE to ban all "free" Email accounts but it would be a shame to deny most of the world's population in participating no matter how rogue "free" can be.

Maybe these users are taking the time to register just so they can post a link for their own interests?
If that's the case then I fear I will be spending a lot of time moderating posts.

Any suggestions?
at present, I'd suggest to put posts by new members in moderation by using required approvals plugin
(change compatibility of the plugin if required)

if you can wait for some hours, you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel to check the issue
Thanx .m.
That plugin looks promising.
Tried it but got SQL Error 1366 when trying to activate it. I will fiddle with the "compatability" and see if I can get it rocking.
I have also re-enabled Yahoo Email accounts so I can gather more info and PM you when there is somthing to mess around with.
^ can you post the exact error when you try activating that plugin