MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Undelete" Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, we all know that forum posts aren't really deleted (it's probably a configuration setting?) but are "soft deleted" (on my system at least).

I've noticed that one of my users has randomly, haphazardly gone through the threads where she has posted and very randomly deleted some messages.

Is there a function within MyBB to see what threads have been marked for deletion?

If not, is there an addon that will find them? (I've looked and don't see one but I'm good about overlooking the obvious)

Am I stuck to looking at each of the several hundred messages she posted to see their status?

Any ideas???
//al
When you login as admin, you recognize soft deleted posts by a different color (something like purple).
I realize that, but I'd rather not have to go through the entire forum checking for "purple posts"
In search you can choose to search only for soft deleted posts.
Yep, i see that now, thanks.

Argh!! But it wants some search term or a user name to return anything ... since, to my knowledge, I have very few legitimately deleted posts I want to see all "soft deleted" posts.

My assistant finally remembered the name of the user I was particularly thinking about, but I'd like to "scan" the rest of the forums as well. But what I'd like and what's available apparently the same things.

Ad, thanks for your suggestions ...
When you do not fill in any search words, and no user name and only choose "soft deleted posts", I think you find them all.

I do not allow members to delete their posts, it can give a lot of trouble is my experience.
Ad, I wish!! If I just select "soft deleted posts" it complains that it wants a search term of at least four letters or a user name of at least three letters.

The only reason I chose to leave the users with the ability to delete is for the "shoot, I wish I hadn't said that" and it's invariably still the last post - that's not a problem to me. I do have a problem when a user chooses to delete one or more messages that interrupt the flow of the thread.
(2015-06-07, 09:45 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Ad, I wish!!  If I just select "soft deleted posts" it complains that it wants a search term of at least four letters or a user name of at least three letters.

The only reason I chose to leave the users with the ability to delete is for the "shoot, I wish I hadn't said that" and it's invariably still the last post - that's not a problem to me.  I do have a problem when a user chooses to delete one or more messages that interrupt the flow of the thread.

A pitty, I didn't try. Then it becomes far more complicated, and you would need a plugin for that.

When you allow users to change their posts, they can remove remarks that are afterwards not very wise without removing the complete post.