MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: dvz_shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i recently installed dvz shoutbox recommended by a staff here it was working great (with the notification sound aswell)
what i need is just to make the text color brighter as its too dark with the background so its hard to see.

This is all what i found in the template: 
<div id="shoutbox" class="front{$classes}">

<div class="head">
<strong>{$lang->dvz_sb_shoutbox}</strong>
<p class="right"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php?action=shoutbox_archive">&laquo; {$lang->dvz_sb_archivelink}</a></p>
</div>

<div class="body">

{$panel}

<div class="window" style="height:{$mybb->settings['dvz_sb_height']}px">
<div class="data"></div>
</div>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/dvz_shoutbox.js"></script>
{$javascript}
<script>
dvz_shoutbox.callbacks['update'].push(function(){
   if ($('#shoutbox .entry.new').length) {
       var audio = new Audio(rootpath + '/images/dvz_shoutbox.mp3');
       audio.volume = 0.4;
       audio.play();
   }
});
</script>
</div>

could you pls tell me how to change the text color in the shoutbox?
thanks for the help
I cannot find seperate .css files for this plugin. This would mean you must go through the templates added by the plugin (dvz_shoutbox, dvz_shoutbox_panel, dvz_shoutbox_archive, dvz_shoutbox_archive_modoptions), and as far as I can see in a glance go through the php of the plugin to see where the variable $panel is set, because that also contains html text.
For all text you should set the color (style = "color: #iiiii;") or set a style name and define the text color in global.css.
Nope no help from the .php <--- snip : php file code removed -->

how do i set a style name for dvz text color?
Did you follow this step in the installation: CSS Code
Copy the CSS included in the package (STYLES.txt) into your theme stylesheets (for example global.css).
(2015-06-08, 11:46 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]STYLES.txt

Completely right, I overlooked that Blush
fixed it. thanks i was adding it in simple .css

it was in advanced Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin