MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: double settings after merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

i did a move during the last days.
Had to merge an 1.8 mybb version to a new host.

Everything went really smooth! Great work with the merge tool.

But: I have double settings visible in the settings dialogue.

ACP - config - settings     Every entry is visible 2 times.

At first i thougt: Ok, only an optical issue. Can be fixed later.

But today i activated a "tahnkyou" plugin.
The plugin install worked fine, but even the plugin settings: double visible (one with the settings, the over checkboxes are "empty).

When the plugin is acivated i see every thank button 2 times. Pressing one of them results in 2 THANKS for that user.

Any idea how to fix this mess ? Smile

All of our users are screaming for the TY system, but at this point i can not activate it Smile

Thnx in advance

(If this is not the right forum and a move to merge support is necessary please advice : ) )
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Modify Settings (tab)

at above location you can see setting groups and options buttons at the right side column.
you can delete the duplicate settings with care through that options button

thankyou plugin issue needs to be checked.
I could delete the settings for the double plugin settings. Thnx.

BUT:

Normal configs visible twice can not be deleted (no option button is visible).
And the Group of those deleted plugin settings can not be deleted either.

Any ideas ?

Edit: Emtpy Plugin Settings group could be deleted inside the Database.
I found the "double settings group" entries inside the DB.

In the overview i see one group has several settings, the other is empty!
How can i double check to delete the right (empty) group in th DB ? Smile
I have the same problem as you we cant seem to delete it
^ assuming that you have a legit forum, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & database
This is not related to the merge system as the merge system doesn't add new settings, it's a typical standard mybb installation bug. Which is most likely caused by refreshing or double clicking next during the installation. Moving back to general support...
@.m. yes please, i do have mybb default forum 1.8.5 if you dont mind helping when you have time?
That was caused because you have a configuration to protect on some areas, and there is a problem of many MyBB users who try to uninstall and install and any, if you see your image you have a double setting for many things, so that can e a trouble by itself on your forum and can reflect some missconfig on your forum.

By the way if i can i give a try today if i can do something i do Big Grin

See yah !!!
The easiest fix I found was to go into your database and look for the table under this name: "mybb_settinggroups" or if you modified your prefix then you will understand, However just go into the page and at the bottom press "Show all" you will see there are 2 sets with the same sortID, delete one of each sort ID and you should be good.