MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: extending a current plugins functionality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi all,

I'm looking to see if anyone is interesting in adding some functionality to dragonexpert's trader feedback plugin that's found here: https://github.com/dragonexpert/Trade-Feedback I believe the license allows for it to be forked.

I'd like to add the following features to it:
- integrate it with MyAlerts 2
- add the default mybb reporting functionality
- if someone clicks on the feedback icon from within a thread, have it automatically add that thread url to the feedback

I have a few bucks available to add this functionality.

Thanks!
Confirming that I am allowing it to be forked.
(2015-06-09, 06:23 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Confirming that I am allowing it to be forked.

thanks, dragon.

I'll allow any changes made to the plugin to be open for the community to download and use as well. Smile
bumping this as the first plugin developer fell through. let me know if you're interested!
So I've picked this up, but I wanted to post this here since I'd like feedback from Dragonexpert.

[attachment=34538]
At the bottom of the show thread page, there is a link to give feedback to the thread's author.

[attachment=34539]
It will fill in the thread link box if you click the feedback link from a thread.

My question is why is the box for the thread link and not just for the thread id? Is that the intended functionality?
I didn't think about the fact I could've just used thread id. If someone is using the Google SEO Plugin, it may be more difficult for them to get the thread id if it isn't done from the thread.
Even with Google SEO you can get the thread ID easily (from newreply, printthread, etc.).

But asking the user to supply URL / ID is a strange design choice for a user interface... in this case I don't understand why this field is necessary at all.
(2015-06-30, 11:29 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Even with Google SEO you can get the thread ID easily (from newreply, printthread, etc.).

But asking the user to supply URL / ID is a strange design choice for a user interface... in this case I don't understand why this field is necessary at all.

that is something I'm concerned with. if the id is automatically added when someone clicks the button to add feedback from within the thread, fine. but I guess it'll also need to parse out the tid if someone manually posts a url to a feedback comment.
Parsing out the thread ID when somebody manually copies and pastes the link shouldn't be too difficult to do, at least not with the default link structure. When people edit that with SEO plugins, though, that gets more difficult to account for.

But if you want to provide feedback from profiles and link to a specific thread, I don't think you can get around the fact that the user needs to input either the thread ID or the URL. Which one, I'll leave up to dragon expert and make any changes for the extended functionality I've added as necessary.
(2015-07-01, 01:38 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Parsing out the thread ID when somebody manually copies and pastes the link shouldn't be too difficult to do, at least not with the default link structure. When people edit that with SEO plugins, though, that gets more difficult to account for.

But if you want to provide feedback from profiles and link to a specific thread, I don't think you can get around the fact that the user needs to input either the thread ID or the URL. Which one, I'll leave up to dragon expert and make any changes for the extended functionality I've added as necessary.

I think at that point it's probably easier to use the full url then. I use google seo on my board and I don't think most users will know how to get the tid manually.
Pages: 1 2