MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error - 1054 - Cant login to admin page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

whenever i try to login to admin page i get this error :
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'authsecret' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT authsecret FROM mybb_adminoptions WHERE uid='1'

thanks

Edit// i just upgraded from 1803 to 1805
Follow this upgrade guide carefully: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/ You didn't upload all required files - ACP admin files are missing at least.

and if you ever encounter an "unknown column" after upgrading, it means that the code you have uploaded doesn't align with the database. Therefore, if you ran the upgrade script, the database has been updated. This leaves only the files to blame.

The files and database work together. Errors like this mean that one of them is not the updated version.
i guess its the database what should i do ?
^ have you run the upgrade script ? (by visiting forumURL/install/upgrade.php file & following instructions)
well i just inserted a column (authsecret) into (mybb_adminoptions) and it fixed my problem but the registration problem still remaining Sad you cant register with any username ?
Hi,

The MyBB Group offers support under the conditions of our Support Eligibility policy. It is apparent that one or more of your forums do not meet the conditions of our policy and therefore you are ineligible for support. This could be because of adult, piracy or hacking related content or because your forum does not display the minimum “Powered by MyBB” notice.

If you have any questions regarding this policy please post in the Private Inquiries forum.

Regards,
The MyBB Group.