MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add A Group Leader Doesn't Put Leader In Usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you add a person as a group leader in the Admin CP, it does not put the person in the usergroup.  I believe the person should have their additional usergroups updated to be in the usergroup.

Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...s.php#L314
I don't think a group leader has to be in the usergroup he is leading.
Why would the person be a group leader then if they aren't in the group? It really doesn't make sense to me.
(2015-06-09, 10:58 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Why would the person be a group leader then if they aren't in the group?

i am on the same page as you...
(2015-06-09, 10:58 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Why would the person be a group leader then if they aren't in the group? It really doesn't make sense to me.
Common example (used on this forum, too):
You have a usergroup which unlocks a certain section of the forum and (some) team members lead this group. Since the team members have access to the section anyway they don't need to be in the group.

Since not being in the group doesn't affect functionality I wouldn't move users to the group automatically. They probably can add themselves, too.
I agree, this would save the admins more time.
We could add code for joining the usergroup, yes.
If we add that code we should make it optional (new setting, add leader to group) as that's the behavior since I started using MyBB and as Stefan mentioned some boards may require that the leader isn't in the group.
I'm the leader of the _journalist_ team in my forum but I'm not part of the team per se, so no, I don't want to, forcedly, be displayed as being part of it thanks.

I don't mind if it is optional.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2145

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group