MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bots Spam on Forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sup,
I have mybb forum. I Don't know they are bots or who they are. They come on my forum and post useless shits such as religious threads, Sexual etc. i can't expressed what they post. I hope i could get help from here. how can i prevent these things away from my forum.

- Regards
• SpikY_
IMO, its difficult to combat spammers & spam bots if your forum is on MyBB multi-hosting service (eg. icyboards)
there is no solution for this?
What might help is limiting what section can be posted in. Maybe only allow posts in an Introduce Yourself forum. Have new threads in that forum be moderated. If it is a real member, approve the post and you can set up a promotion to put them in a regular usergroup. You might also have user pruning enabled so members with 0 posts get pruned xdays after registering.
(2015-06-09, 08:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, its difficult to combat spammers & spam bots if your forum is on MyBB multi-hosting service (eg. icyboards)

Is your forum actually on IcyBoards? We have several anti-spam measures in place...
ohh, yeah my forum is icyboards.
i think there would be a plugin to solve it right?
Please post in our support forums and give us a link to your forum. It would be good to have some spam samples as well (including IP addresses).