MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment Space Used Incorrect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of moving from shared hosting to a VPS and I've run into a problem.
I've uploaded all my files and the "Attachment Space Used" in System Health is reporting the size as 2 GB (wrong), where as my shared hosting account reports it as 7.43 GB.

Also, when I first entered the System Health section I was told the files and directories under "CHMOD Files and Directories" weren't writeable, I've since fixed this but I wanted to ask if the folders (year:month) within the upload folder should also be set to writeable? It makes sense as that is where files go  Toungue but I wanted to check.
They should of course also be writable. But this will be done automatically when they are created as soon as an attachment is stored for a new month.
But for the previous months in which the writable setting of the upload directory was wrong, you must set them as writable. Generally nothing is added anymore to these directories, but existing attachments may be deleted and I think write permission is required for that.
Thanks for your response and help Smile.

Regarding my first problem, I've just realised that the details are correct in the Attachment Statistics tab under:  Home » Attachments » Statistics.
The System Health Attachment Space Used still remains incorrect.