MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can they?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can bots sign up on a forum like this even though there is a picture that they have to type in letters and numbers? I thought bots couldn't read pictures.
A massive amount of spam bots get stumped at the CAPTCHA bit, however there seems to be a rise in "real" people doing the spamming instead. Or real people signing up for accounts then letting the spam bot use that account to spam forums.
Dale Hay Wrote:A massive amount of spam bots get stumped at the CAPTCHA bit, however there seems to be a rise in "real" people doing the spamming instead. Or real people signing up for accounts then letting the spam bot use that account to spam forums.

k...
Also many spam bots have now been made that have been able to pass phpBB's verification steps. Hopefully it will not happen here...
Yeah, I've experienced that when I was with phpbb. They somehow get in, I guess their is a way around the captcha pictures.
Yea, I guess some are smart enough to read phpBB's CAPTCHA images.
http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/

They used to have the online CGI script that decoded CAPTCHA images you threw at it, but I couldn't find it now (it seems like their domain didn't get renewed).
Someone apparently forgot what the thread title/subject is suppose to tell the viewers.
I don't think "Can they?" is the best choice of thread title/subject.

Just as a note to future posting.