MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use cookies on parked domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

It sounds random, but i have 4 parked domains ontop of my main domain.

Main:
.com

parked:
.eu
.net
.space
.co.uk

I've fixed it so you can log into each one with a bburl fix to adopt each parked domains URL as the main url.

But the issue i have is obviously when you log in to .com you wont be logged into .eu or .net or .space or .co.uk, and vice versa. i've done a bit of internet scouring and not really come up with much, i mean i could make it so it produces a cookie for each domain when you login to one, but that was apparently unsecure?

anyway thank you in advance for the help Smile
you can try using ABP Multi Domain plugin
You could just make all of the other domains point to your .com so instead of the domain being masked you just make the other domains direct to .com the domains will still be accessible but once they actually access the site they will then be on the .com domain. Cookie problem solved.
(2015-06-11, 01:53 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using ABP Multi Domain plugin

Brilliant i was looking for this plugin, thing is i effectively wrote something like this but ACP was also not working for me, so i combined this and mike's answer so for any ACP stuff it redirects to the .com domain.

(2015-06-11, 02:58 AM)mikeorman Wrote: [ -> ]You could just make all of the other domains point to your .com so instead of the domain being masked you just make the other domains direct to .com the domains will still be accessible but once they actually access the site they will then be on the .com domain. Cookie problem solved.

I wanted to make the user facing things allow for any domain i don't know in my opinion just this might gives people the false idea of there being a dedicated website to them or something like that haha. But it was the admin Control panel giving me major issues, so i have made it so any of the domains /admin/ redirect to .com with wildcards so thank you.

Thank you for both your answers they were both useful!