MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2.0 Download/Beta?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I was just curious if there is a way for us to download a beta/RC for MyBB 2.0? I'm really interested in 2.0 and would like to tinker around with it.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Also, I have been using MyBB for roughly 6-7 years now and I absolutely love the application and the active community that surrounds it. Keep up the good work everyone. This is by far the best free & open source forum software on the web.
Hi,

There are no publicly available Alpha/Beta releases for 2.0 yet, though we plan to release several Alpha versions later in the year Smile
(2015-06-11, 09:49 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

There are no publicly available Alpha/Beta releases for 2.0 yet, though we plan to release several Alpha versions later in the year Smile

Do you happen to have an estimate around when that will be this year? Nothing specific, but perhaps what quarter or month of the year it is expected?

Thanks for the quick reply!
Hi,

We don't have any kind of timeframe at the minute, and we tend to follow a schedule of "when it's ready" when it comes to releases. It'll likely be Q3, going into Q4, but it all depends on how development goes. We'll continue putting out monthly blog posts and keeping everyone up to date as we progress though and will hopefully have a more solid release date in mind as development progresses.

Thanks,
Euan
It is later in this year do you have any updates abou 2.0 ? Big Grin
Keep an eye on the blog over the next day or two Wink
(2015-12-20, 08:01 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Keep an eye on the blog over the next day or two Wink

Christmas release would be special. Smile
(2015-12-20, 08:52 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-20, 08:01 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Keep an eye on the blog over the next day or two Wink

I don't think we'll see a Christmas Alpha relase, it is too soon
(2015-12-20, 11:10 PM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-20, 08:52 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think we'll see a Christmas Alpha relase, it is too soon

Please refer to the post that I quoted and the original estimation for an Alpha release was December this year. While I too don't think we will see one the MyBB team can be very secretive Wink.
I smell Euan coming up on Christmas with Alpha announcement in the blog.
Would be great.
Pages: 1 2 3