MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minor problem with the GoMobile theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I place my mouse pointer over the square little box, (broken image holder) it says jump.gif.  Now, there is a jump.png that comes with MyBB core, in images folder, but no jump.gif.    Have a look at the screenshot.  Little square placeholder on the far right of both forums after the word "Last":

[Image: 20p1wd4.png]

Interesting, the above is from using the latest FF, but when I view mobile using IE 11, the box is gone.  Let me know if you need a URL to my forum.
certainly your forum url would be helpful to check this...
(2015-06-12, 08:20 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]certainly your forum url would be helpful to check this...

Absolutely, it's at:    CollectibleTalk (dot) com

If its not too much trouble, I would like to make that little broken image square just go away.

Thanks
It appears to be in template forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost. There you can remove the img (jump.gif) from the a tag.
(2015-06-13, 04:04 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]It appears to be in template forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost. There you can remove the img (jump.gif) from the a tag.

Thanks Ad Bakker, just need to try and find that file now.  You wouldnt know if that is in the GoMobile folder or Mybb folder would you?
The template will be at (if my memory serves me correctly):
ACP -> Templates and Style -> Templates -> GoMobile Templates -> Forum Bit Templates -> forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost.
instead of removing the file you can edit jump.gif to jump.png
(2015-06-14, 06:02 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]instead of removing the file you can edit jump.gif to jump.png

That's much better, should have seen that!!! Blush
(2015-06-14, 06:02 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]instead of removing the file you can edit jump.gif to jump.png

Changing filename extensions does work Big Grin

That's the direction I took and it worked!  Now I have a nice little green arrow showing instead of a broken image  placeholder.

On a side note, I see MyBB has gotten so sophisticated that you dont need to use FTP to make file changes anymore it seems.  I have been with MyBB since back in the days you would always use FTP to make most file changes on the host side.  It's come a long way.

Anyway,  thanks to all for the help in this thread.  Can I mark this thread as "solved" or do the mods have to do that?
Pages: 1 2