MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 -> mybb merge fail... or is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried to merge several times now each time the merge goes through just fine until the "posts" portion. when telling it to merge the posts the status bar just spins and eventually comes back with a page not found error. I thought the merge was failing and wasn't able to get back into the 'merge' page afterwards. it just kept getting a page not found message. copying over the merge files from the archive does not resolve the error. eventually I removed mybb and reinstalled it. I tried reducing the number to process at once from 1000 to 100 with the same result.

Then I made the discovery that the page is not actually failing, it's getting redirected. each step of the merge process is taking place at /localhost/board/merge/index.php but when attempting the post merge it suddenly redirects to www.localhost.com/board/merge/index.php. at first I thought this was just my browser redirecting because it couldn't find the file. but that is not the case because when I LOG OFF of the forum it goes to the merge page just fine and I get an error message about needing admin access to merge. then when I log in i'm suddenly redirected to www.localhost.com instead of localhost.

anyone know what's going on?

phpbb 3.1.4
mybb 1.8.5
oh that fixed it! thanks a bunch! the readme stickky doesn't point to the merge section of the documentation so I didn't see that area.