MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to access forum ftp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So.. tried contacting host but as i havent recieved an answer im getting here.

So:

I have full access to admin cp, and the host hosting my forum, its a cpanel thats the control panel. (cpanel.com)

So .. how do i get access to my forums ftp so i can upload a logo and possible maange the portal page and actually translate my forum.. ? Huh
It's usually something like this:
ftp.domain.com OR the ip of the server
username: cpanel username
password: cpanel password
your web host Cpanel should be having ftp account details. web host might have also mailed it to you when you took hosting account.

you might be knowing that filezilla is a popular ftp program which can be used to connect to your files server.
FileZilla Tutorial | How to use FileZilla FTP Client - YouTube
IN cpanel, go to ftp, make a new account

Stolen from the big www

"Log into cPanel
In the Files section, click FTP Accounts.
In the Login field, type the name of the FTP user. A full FTP user name will always be formatted as [email protected]. You cannot create an FTP account without your domain name in it, regardless of the publish destination.
In the Password fields, enter a password which will be used to authenticate this FTP account.
Set a quota for the FTP account. Quota is the maximum amount of bandwidth the FTP user may use. If you leave the quota as unlimited, the FTP user will have the ability to use the total amount of bandwidth for the cPanel account.
In the Directory field, cPanel will auto-populate an assumed directory based on the FTP username, but that is normally incorrect. So, we recommend erasing everything after public_html/ and providing the directory you would like the user to access.
If you erase everything and type a single "/", the user will have access to your home directory (anything outside of the public_html folder).
Note: In this step, you can determine the level of access for a user. The FTP user will not be able to navigate outside of the specified directory; however, they will be able to access all files and subfolders inside that folder.
Click Create."
If you useing paid host. Then click "Legacy File Manager" you can acess your file manager.
Or use mobile ftp
phpmyftp .tk
net2ftp .com
(2015-06-12, 03:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]your web host Cpanel should be having ftp account details. web host might have also mailed it to you when you took hosting account.

you might be knowing that filezilla is a popular ftp program which can be used to connect to your files server.
FileZilla Tutorial | How to use FileZilla FTP Client - YouTube

Kinda knows this already, this isnt what im looking for.. what i was looking for is what do i need to do to get into the forum ftp, i got ftp, sftp but i dont know how to connect to the forum ive srt up 3 accounts, but i cant seem to connect to the forum..
Of course this is what you need!!
You must have a ftp client running on your pc. Filezilla is a possibility, I myself use Cyberduck. These can make connection with your host en give you the possibility to transfer files to and from your forum directory and even edit files there.
Just lookup what the ftp connection settings of your host for your forum are and try it!!

PS
For editing php, html and javascript files I use Komodo. Ideal, detects most syntax errors.
(2015-06-13, 02:38 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Of course this is what you need!!
You must have a ftp client running on your pc. Filezilla is a possibility, I myself use Cyberduck. These can make connection with your host en give you the possibility to transfer files to and from your forum directory and even edit files there.
Just lookup what the ftp connection settings of your host for your forum are and try it!!

PS
For editing php, html and javascript files I use Komodo. Ideal, detects most syntax errors.
If you didnt read above, i know this already.

I use FileZilla because its easy, SFTP to connect to the server (exept im just noob and i dont get it working for my forum sftp..)

So yeah, Komodo.. idk wth it is..

At the moment im making a server spawn for my server so i dont have time checking out things, i mostly work at my server and its been like this for the last 4 years, i begin to feel the stress already Toungue
(2015-06-12, 02:22 PM)GamingNorge Wrote: [ -> ]how do i get access to my forums ftp so i can upload a logo and possible maange the portal page and actually translate my forum.. ? Huh

(2015-06-13, 11:18 PM)GamingNorge Wrote: [ -> ]If you didnt read above, i know this already.

I sure read that. Then, how come that you can't manage to upload a logo and get access to the language files?
On one hand you say you can't ftp, on the other you say you have everything available with a lot of experience Huh .
(2015-06-12, 06:22 PM)anwarul Wrote: [ -> ]If you useing paid host. Then click "Legacy File Manager" you can acess your file manager.
Or use mobile ftp
phpmyftp .tk
net2ftp .com

Net2FTP is quite stale now (no update in 4 years) but there's still huge demand for web-based FTP. Have a look at Monsta FTP (www.monstaftp.com) which is a free responsive FTP client for your browser (disclaimer: I'm involved with this project)