MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra textbox new thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I want to add a extra text area when the user goes to create a new thread where the user can put his download link and then in the thread show and img with the link.

I have added this code to the "newthread" in my template:
<input style="width:300px;" name="download" id="download" type="text" tabindex="2">{$download}</input>

And now when i'm going to create a new thread I see the new text-box.

The problem is that when i create the thread i can't see the url.. I have added this lines in "postbit" file under the {$post['message']}:
Link de descarga: {$post['download']}

But nothing happens in the thread?
How i can see the url that the user put in the new text-box??

Thanks and sorry for my bad english Toungue
going to need to make a data handler for it. feel free to add me on skype.
You will need a plugin for that.
(2015-06-13, 02:50 AM)mikeorman Wrote: [ -> ]going to need to make a data handler for it. feel free to add me on skype.

How can I do that?

(2015-06-13, 05:21 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You will need a plugin for that.

I don't want to install a lot of plugins in my forum.. I think is not too dificult to do thank, I think..

Thanks for your answer!
(2015-06-13, 09:10 AM)guixe94 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do that?

(2015-06-13, 09:10 AM)guixe94 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to install a lot of plugins in my forum.. I think is not too dificult to do thank, I think..

Indeed, pretty easy to do.

The issue? Try editing the files manually and keeping record every time you upload new/fresh files for whatever reasons (i.e: core updates).

(2015-06-13, 05:21 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You will need a plugin for that.

Install xThreads if you feel brave enough.
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=285
(2015-06-13, 09:23 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-13, 09:10 AM)guixe94 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do that?

(2015-06-13, 09:10 AM)guixe94 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to install a lot of plugins in my forum.. I think is not too dificult to do thank, I think..

Indeed, pretty easy to do.

The issue? Try editing the files manually and keeping record every time you upload new/fresh files for whatever reasons (i.e: core updates).

(2015-06-13, 05:21 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You will need a plugin for that.

Install xThreads if you feel brave enough.
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=285

This is true.. I'm going to try Xthreads! Thanks.