MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Created groups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I don't know if this is the right section but i have been trying to find a plugin that would allow each user to create there own group, invite players into it etc...

Effectively i want to be able to customize this to create guilds on the forum, so that people can represent there guilds from each one of the servers in the game!

I hope i wasn't too vague!

Thank you in advance!
Somewhere in GitHub I saw a plugin for this.
(2015-06-13, 01:19 AM)Lektz Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhere in GitHub I saw a plugin for this.

Time to trawl Github!
i am not sure if this is updated for 1.8: https://github.com/dragonexpert/Social-Groups
I don't remember if that works in 1.8, but you can try it. I am working on a total rewrite of it.
Moved to plugin requests.
(2015-06-13, 05:17 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]i am not sure if this is updated for 1.8: https://github.com/dragonexpert/Social-Groups
Yeah i found this last night, and trying to integrate with 1.8 seems to be throwing a load of issues.

(2015-06-13, 12:41 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember if that works in 1.8, but you can try it. I am working on a total rewrite of it.
That's cool, i've gotten it just barely working in 1.8 with the old version but there seems to be a lot of changes to the php calls, meaning loads of the stuff isn't showing haha. (as vague as that sounds!). If you need any help with it i am more then happy to help Smile

(2015-06-13, 01:03 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to plugin requests.
Thank you, sorry.
The way I'm rewriting it, it is going to be a lot more OOP compared to before. Many functions are being created so creating entirely new pages and having that data is a possibility and won't take a lot of extra work.
That sounds pretty good, it's been a while since i've done any php so trying to edit plugins and such is a real shock to the system haha.
If you need a guinea pig, i'm more then happy to be that guinea pig x)
I review all Pull Requests to my projects before I merge them so if I see something wrong, I'll edit it.