MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: x10host.com php mail not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey whats up guys...

i've got a mailing problem... nothing will send with x10host.com...

i'm using the 1.8 version (thats why im in this catagory xD )

i've tried PHP mail.. i created my own email with x10host... and i added that email i created in the "Site Details" section under "Admin" and "Contact Email"

ive done a couple registrations and No Email is being sent... i check the mail system log... and it shows no record.. i have the registration under my gmail... i check spam folder and nothing...

soooo i've decided to try a smtp email through my gmail... tried it and the system mail log says connection timeout and i looked that up and x10host tells me that smtp isnt available to free hosting thats why the timeout error...
and that same forum for x10host suggests to use the PHP cause thats available to free hosting..

BUT the PHP through mybb isnt working.... 

has anyone found a fix for this?
Oh does that bring back bad memories....
There's so many restrictions with using a free hosts, mail being one of them.   I went through I swear, half a dozen free host within a week, and every one of them had something that prevented me from having a forum that worked correctly.  x10 was one of them.  The main thing that bugged me about them is having to log into your cPanel once a month or they would suspend your site till you did.  I used to say "yeah right, whatever" to those that would tell me, "drop the free host and get paid hosting".  

I finally see they were right.  The last straw was when I had a nice growing forum with a free host called USfreeHost .com, (I think was the name), or something similar.  They were a great free host, gave me everything a paid host would.  I thought to myself, wow, I finally found a great free host.  Even answered my support questions within hours not days.  My site was up for a good 3 months or so,  then.....

I went to my forum one morning, the dreaded "Server not found" page came up.  I thought, calm down, they are probably just doing maintenance.  Went to their web hosting page and guess what?   You guessed it....their web hosting page was a "Server not found" page.  I made the mistake of not backing up that forum too...not good.
Angry

After a lot of headache, I said never again to free hosts, unless it be just a simple landing page or something I wont worry about if I lose it.  There are hosts out there that will host your site for a dollar a month, even less, you don't have to pay $3.95 or more a month.  

And its a big difference I've found with a paid host, you get all the benefits of having your forum work the way it is supposed to.