MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member posts won't format with <div>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running version 1.8.5

Me again, with hopefully my last issue for the time being.

On my forum, we have noticed that members/guests can no longer post with <div> tags; it just shows up as a jumble of code instead of being formatted on all boards, although admins can post the same thing with those tags and everything formats correctly (view example here).

We first noticed this sometime last night; before, all user groups were able to format their posts just fine without issue. Between it working and us noticing the issue, I did upgrade to 1.8.5, so I thought this might have fussed with the configuration, but I scanned through the settings and couldn't see where I went wrong. Plus, I don't know what setting would allow administrators to use <div> tags, but then put the ixnay on any other member group.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
you can use HTML in Posts plugin to allow html posting for administrators and trusted other users
(2015-06-13, 04:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use HTML in Posts plugin to allow html posting for administrators and trusted other users

Thank you for your response. I have that plugin installed on my forum, just deleted it and reinstalled, but member/guest posts still won't format.

EDIT: Ahhh, I'm ridiculous. When the plugin was reinstalled it reset the "HTML in Post" settings to where only admins could use it. My fault. FIXED!
^ only trusted users should be allowed to use html posting for better security of your forum.
normal members & guests should not be allowed to post html content.